VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I bought few months ago Elgato Video Capture usb grabber, and digitized around 60-80 tapes so far. And I really like it, but on two tapes I noticed audio went out of sync, not instantly but after like 20-30 minutes. On one tape it cames back to sync after like 10 min. but on other one is out of sync from 40 min. of tape till the end. Any idea whats going on there ? I play video in elgate software on that specific time but audio is good, so it must be when video is converting to my laptop or something.

I am converting on Windows OS, with i5 8gen laptop with 16GB RAM. I didn't try passthrough with ES10 but I don't think it would make any difference cause I think it's something with elgato not VCR or anything else, but I could be wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any idea whats going on there ? I play video in elgate software on that specific time but audio is good, so it must be when video is converting to my laptop or something.
    Does the audio de-sync at the same place when the final file played with another player such as VLC player?

I would certainly do a re-capture with the ES-10. The fact that only two tapes out of a lot are giving the issue makes me suspect the recordings throwing the audio sync.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Any idea whats going on there ? I play video in elgate software on that specific time but audio is good, so it must be when video is converting to my laptop or something.
    Does the audio de-sync at the same place when the final file played with another player such as VLC player?

I would certainly do a re-capture with the ES-10. The fact that only two tapes out of a lot are giving the issue makes me suspect the recordings throwing the audio sync.
    That's what I ment, when playing in VLC player it de-sync, and in other players too. When I play it in elgato on that exact place when it de-sync audio is normal but it's not capturing at that time only viewing. So my only suspect is elgato when it's doing mixdown of final file, that something went wrong.

I am doing re-capturing now without ES-10 and will see how it goes. Forgot to mention VCR is clean no dirty head or audio head.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am doing re-capturing now without ES-10 and will see how it goes.
    I assume you mean "with".
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    I am doing re-capturing now without ES-10 and will see how it goes.
    I assume you mean "with".
    No no, I'll try one more time without ES-10 to see if the problem was in elgato, so if this time will be the same then I'll do it with ES-10 to see if that will fix the issue.

I need to eliminate all the factors, if the problem is in elgato that needs to be reported to fix that issue, I experience two times force quit of elgato software right at the end of export. But video was exported and playable, just not properly like every other till the end, so it was missing that thumbnail picture.

I'm using JVC HR-S9760 VCR.
    Last edited by Thermaltake; 8th May 2024 at 01:30.
    Quote Quote