VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, I've shot a interview on my Panasonic camera, wrote it as a MOV file, 3840x2160. I've backed up my footage on a SSD. I know the shot was around 100GB. Now a week later I want to edit the footage but it seems like there is something going on.

In my finder window it says the footage is 2.8GB, as I play the file it only shows 1 minute. After the minute the screen is black but I can see that the shot is 40 minutes long in the player. Also when I import the clip into an editing software it only shows the 1 minute and not the full length video. I've tried to open the footage on a different SSD and a Windows computer but it shows the same footage & length.

Does anyone know a solution to this? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Corrupt file/SSD. But if it shows only 2.8GB, there is little chance of repair.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, it only shows 2GB.

Is there a option that I can repair it?

Or is there a option that I can get old footage from my SD card back? I've recorded on a 128GB card, the footage normally is 100GB, it has been formatted once and shot on it once again.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Open your file in a hex editor to see, if there are data, at beginning, in the middle, to the end.
    If there are only zero's, there is no chance to recover anything.
    Quote Quote