VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Special thanks to davexnet and ProWo for their personal help on pm, but sadly the audio was still async.

Good news (for me): I did manage to make it sync now. How? With very hard work:

I did import the working audio from the new capture (with a perfect cut) and did then import the (then) not working audio from the old capture. I did cut at start as long the audio was starting at the same spot (i testet this by playing both audios and hear if it sounds like one voice).

Then i did the hard work. It took me around 50 manual "tempo" changes in audacity. I did always calculate the time-difference from the new audio to the old audio between two spots (mostly ~60s each time) and then did change tempo by that. This worked quite well. At the end i had to change speed in 20s rate because little unaccuracy accumulated. But it worked super well.

I should do this right at beginning instead of searching hours over hours for a solution. Yeah ok, it took me around an hour editing the audio, but at the end it was worth it. And im glad i had to do this only on this video. On the other videos i used the old audio, a simple stretch was enough (i found out later, because the worst video was the first and i thought all are like that).

So long story short: It works now.

Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    There was some information a while back; there is/was a setting in the virtualdub capture
    where strange things would happen to the audio - I believe something to do with synchronization,
    but I don't remember the details
    Perhaps you should switch to AmarecTV for the captire.
    Yes, you're welcome to PM me, I'll take a look at the two audio's. I assume they're WAV files?
    If i ever capture again, i will then first try both software and compare the audio.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey good news, I'm pretty sure this is an occasional side effect of vdub capture as mentioned
    Quote Quote  
  3. yeah.

btw. the async was fluctuating in short times. Sometimes i had a lot of async in 60sec, sometimtes nothing and sometimes even 2 async in wrong direction (so the first 30 sec to early and after that it was to late).

Thanks to all!
    Quote Quote