VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have tried to delete subtitles from an MP4 file and while subtitle edit says the subtitles have been deleted, when I play the file they are being displayed. Checking the file with subtitle edit shows the subtitles are indeed still there. I've deleted them 6 times from one file and they refuse to delete. I click on Video>Generate video with added/removed subtitles. I'm using Sedit v4.0.5, can anyone suggest why it's not working?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Post a mediainfo report (text mode) from this mp4 file here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by boristhecat View Post
    I have tried to delete subtitles from an MP4 file and while subtitle edit says the subtitles have been deleted, when I play the file they are being displayed. Checking the file with subtitle edit shows the subtitles are indeed still there. I've deleted them 6 times from one file and they refuse to delete. I click on Video>Generate video with added/removed subtitles. I'm using Sedit v4.0.5, can anyone suggest why it's not working?
    Wow that was a struggle in itself. I think I have it though.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. Download clever FFmpeg-GUI.
    Extract and start it, follow the instructions.
    Then load your mp4, click main, click multiplex, deselect the subtitle track (on the left), set mp4 as container, click multiplex.
    Done.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Download clever FFmpeg-GUI.
    Extract and start it, follow the instructions.
    Then load your mp4, click main, click multiplex, deselect the subtitle track (on the left), set mp4 as container, click multiplex.
    Done.
    That my friend, was painful
    Done though, thanks for that. However, why does subtitleedit not do it properly?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by boristhecat View Post
    Done though, thanks for that. However, why does subtitleedit not do it properly?
    No idea...
    Quote Quote