VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello
    I have several vob files extracted from a dvd.i want to merge them and create a dvd with chapters.I want to use 1 vob file = 1 chapter.menus are optional.

In final output total of vob files capacity should equal final dvd merged video files capacity.(without loosing quality)

So please help me to create this dvd..

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    All re-encoding results in a loss original quality.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Op never said anything about re-encoding,just use a free program that can do all that without re-encoding,do a search here for dvd authoring.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Womble Mpeg Video Wizard can change .vob to .mpg without touching the file itself, just changing the container. You can import all your vobs to the timeline, cut them if needed, then you can export them, and the export panel will offer the option to reconvert or just change the container. It is the best editor for those files.

And you can author the DVD as well from your project.

But it is not available any more officially, you need to download it from third party sites. Their website has shut down in recent years.
    Quote Quote  
  5. DVDStyler can import .vobs and add chapters and basic menus. It doesn't reencode if the .vobs are DVD compliant.
    For authoring you could also try the good and ole' DVDAuthor / DVDAuthorGUI .....
    Quote Quote  
  6. I would demux the material using the old MPEG Streamclip, and then author it in DVD Studio Pro or some lesser PC program.
    Quote Quote