VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi! I'm hoping someone who is familiar with mp3DirectCut (a free audio editor) can help me.
    I'm having an issue where the program crashes every time I try to import an mp3 file that is over one hour long. Shorter files work fine, however.
    I have googled the size limitations and it should handle up to 4 GB, and my files are definitely smaller than that.
    Does anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I opened a 1 hour 16 minute mp3 in version 2.36 without any issues.
    Something wrong with your source file?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have tried re-downloading mp3DirectCut as well as older versions, but it still doesn't work. If others can import large files just fine, I think the problem lies with my computer.

I hope this isn't too off-topic, but are there any suggestions as to what could cause this issue?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sunshowery View Post
    I have tried re-downloading mp3DirectCut as well as older versions, but it still doesn't work. If others can import large files just fine, I think the problem lies with my computer.

I hope this isn't too off-topic, but are there any suggestions as to what could cause this issue?
    A possible bad file, as I mentioned before. You've provided no specific info;
    the file's size and bitrate could be relevant but you haven't mentioned them.

Why don't you upload one of these files so somebody else can take a look?
    Quote Quote  
  5. You can check your file for errors with this freeware: https://checkmate.gissen.nl
    Quote Quote  
  6. Using checkmate I found out my mp3s were actually corrupted. I now know what the problem is, thank you so much!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Sunshowery View Post
    Using checkmate I found out my mp3s were actually corrupted. I now know what the problem is, thank you so much!
    Welcome. I have been using it for many years for MP2 and AAC and it has never failed.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Another problem with mp3DirectCut. MP3 file opens ok but saved project file fails to open. MP3 file has been checked ok and both files are in the same folder. Is it possible to repair the project file?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sirbu View Post
    Another problem with mp3DirectCut. MP3 file opens ok but saved project file fails to open. MP3 file has been checked ok and both files are in the same folder. Is it possible to repair the project file?
    Are you talking about the .mpd project file? It's simple text and can be opened in Notepad
    Quote Quote  
  10. Yes I spotted that and have managed to resolve the problem which was that the locations of some of the .mp3 files used were not properly referenced in the .mpd file. Thanks for your reply anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sirbu View Post
    Yes I spotted that and have managed to resolve the problem which was that the locations of some of the .mp3 files used were not properly referenced in the .mpd file. Thanks for your reply anyway.
    Thanks for the update. A problem with mp3DirectDut, or possibly you moved and/or renamed the mp3 files
    after the project was created?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!