VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Premise:
    I recently downloaded a MPEG-2 TS capture of Doraemon (1979) that had been telecined (from 24fps), and in 1080i. I want to IVTC to stop the jitter frames.
    However, the script asks me: 'What is your input clip?? It's not 30fps NTSC nor 25fps PAL", despite it being 29.97 FPS.

Removing the code responsible for raising an exception then claims an 'access violation'.

I have attached a sample of the video here.

Please help resolve this or advise of any alternatives.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Using this filter in avisynth will usually help hide or fix those artifacts in the video.
    santiag(strv=0, nns=4, nsize=5)
    Quote Quote  
  3. my 2 cents after a quick glance:
    Isn't this soft telecine and should be DGSource&fieldop=1 or MPEG2Source&fieldop=1 ? (I wouldn't use AnimeIVTC on this)
    For the small scratches/dirt DeSpot/KillerSpot/SpotLess/RemoveDirt/... seem to work fine.
    For general statilization I would try StablizeIT or similar.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by DEFiANT View Post
    However, the script asks me: 'What is your input clip?? It's not 30fps NTSC nor 25fps PAL", despite it being 29.97 FPS.
    What source filter are you using? LSMASH's LWlibavVIdeoSource() has no problem opening it and gets 30000/1001 as the frame rate.

I think your problem comes about because the video is variable frame rate. It alternates between 33.33 ms and 50.00 ms per frame. Resulting in an average of 24 fps, 3:2 pulldown.
    Last edited by jagabo; 7th May 2024 at 23:20.
    Quote Quote