VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Premise:
    I recently downloaded a MPEG-2 TS capture of Doraemon (1979) that had been telecined, and in 1080i. I wanted to see if I could both remove the logo and IVTC.

I downloaded Avisynth+ and the dependencies for InpaintDelogo.
    I attempted the InpaintDelogo process first. I had a picture of the logo on black (0:30 at sample) so I hand traced it and replaced the other pixels with pure black. After a while I wrote this script:

LoadPlugin("LoadDLL.dll")
    LoadDLL("libfftw3f-3.dll")
    video = FFVideoSource("dora1.ts")

# Remove the logo using InpaintDelogo
    delogoed_video = video.InpaintDelogo(mask="F:\TV\Doraemon\AVISYNTH\ maskfinal.bmp", Automask=0,Analyze=2, Show=2, Loc="1098,54,-244,-970",mode="Deblend", Inflate=1, IntSpd=2, Optimize2=2, Turbo=2, KillNoise=5)

Return delogoed_video

The script ran sucessfully, however, either due to me not running IVTC or another issue the TV logo is not completely gone.
    [Attachment 78574 - Click to enlarge]

I have attached a sample here on Google Drive (145MB), and the script and mask file I am using.

Sample and Mask

This is my first day using Avisynth, so please advise an order for me to run IVTC and remove the logo fully, and how to IVTC to remove this pseudo interlacing.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You need to leave at least 10 pixels around logo in Loc coords, redo all masks again.
    You need to deinterlace/ivtc before the delogo stuff. [best would be to save it to lossless intermediate file for the performance reasons]

Open another thread for IVTC questions.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Please ignore this post; I thought it was not posted
    Last edited by DEFiANT; 26th Apr 2024 at 04:33. Reason: Error in post.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by VoodooFX View Post
    You need to leave at least 10 pixels around logo in Loc coords, redo all masks again.
    You need to deinterlace/ivtc before the delogo stuff. [best would be to save it to lossless intermediate file for the performance reasons]

Open another thread for IVTC questions.
    Hello Voodoo
    Thank you for your work in making this plugin.

I have IVTC'ed the video as suggested. However, I am struggling to keep the remnants of the logo out of the video. There are slight artefacts in the logo with my settings. Attached is a sample of the video and my script; please help me remove the logo further.

Script:
    HTML Code:
    LoadPlugin("LoadDLL.dll")
    LoadDLL("libfftw3f-3.dll")
    FFVideoSource("dora1.ts")
    Trim(602,2191)
    AssumeFPS("ntsc_video")
    TFM()
    TDecimate(0,hybrid = 1)

#InpaintDelogo(mask="F:\TV\Doraemon\[url=https://www.videohelp.com/software/Avisynth]AVISYNTH[/url]\maskfinal.bmp",  Automask=0,Analyze=2, Loc="1088,44,-234,-960",mode="Deblend", Interp=0, dPP=-3, Inflate=2, IntSpd=2, GrainPP=3, Optimize2=2, Turbo=3)
    Sample: Link

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Don't include frames with animated logo like fade ins or fade outs, redo all masks without those frames.
    Btw, frames without logo should be excluded too.
    Then share all the masks.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hello VoodooFX
    I have redone the mask from the frames with the logo.
    Below is it attached.

[Attachment 78637 - Click to enlarge]

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by VoodooFX View Post
    I meant all mask files... Share all files created.
    Hello VoodooFX
    These are all the files I could find that Automask created.

Automask Files

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Those are not important, where are ebmp masks for deblend?
    Btw you are run it there only on 1 min sample, that's not how deblending works, you need to run on all frames with logo.
    Quote Quote