VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    A friend of Japanese descent was in Japan, according to him the number of VCR devices and similars sold there among the Japanese is large, but I can hardly find much on the internet.

I try on Facebook marketplace and it doesn't work on the sales pages very much, if I click, it says: ''This publication is not available in your area''

I would like to spend a long time taking a look on these publications, any solution? Perhaps a VPN?
    Last edited by Litaiff; 8th Apr 2024 at 05:39.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Facebook is for local pickup only, you can't buy from someone in Japan with no selling platform to guarantee you get what you paid for, even with that and you could still get burned.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try hide my VPN addon if you have firefox, but to get a Japanese ip will not be free
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I understand... I wasn't thinking much about buying, as shipping to Brazil is too expensive, but I would really like to take a look at the devices, ask questions, etc. Does anyone know where I can see some of these VCRs being sold by Japanese people?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've just had a look using my VPN (Nord VPN) and I couldn't find one VCR in the Tokyo area, which can't be right, if where I live is anything to go by, there's heaps of cheapies here. I did find one AVCHD camcorder.

Could it be that they've moved on already? Perhaps Gumtree or EBay; I tried both but had technical difficulties with both and couldn't get anywhere.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    If I buy stuff from Japan, I use Buyee, It's the Japan's Yahoo auction version for the US, It has limitations compared to Yahoo Japan, like you can't contact the seller directly, You will have to send a message to the staff and they will forward your message to the seller, this often useless if the auction is about to end within few hours.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Maybe I should ask here on the forum if there is anyone from Japan and clarify my doubts with him. Good idea?
    Last edited by Litaiff; 9th Apr 2024 at 00:31.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Litaiff View Post
    Maybe I should ask here on the forum if there is anyone from Japan and clarify my doubts with him. Good idea?
    found this - https://vcrshop.com/
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Lots of my favorite Philips "VR" machines on that site.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    I will take a look at night, thanks.
    Quote Quote