VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have file A from webscrabbing to get time(inaccurate) and subtitles for of the only some of the subtitles (for example this video I only take 38 lines of subtitles for file A from a 34 minute videos).
    B file is full accurate subtitles with 1000 lines and accurate time.
    I want to modify file A to have timecodes from file B and only that. So I can later use file A as input to rip off audio of the parts i need.
    But there is one big problem is that many times timecode from file A doesnt match the accurate time. (1 seccond different max). And the text of both files is mostly but isnt the exact same. (I only take the words which were being told, skipped all "[...] (...) : ...")
    Can fix the subs manually of course but I need a way to automate this for it to be worth the time.
    I can provide link for both subtitlse if needed.
    [Attachment 78173 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try to run Speech to Text (Whisper) to get synchronized timestamps and text for the audio files. Subtitles Edit has this feature.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the thing is I only need a very small amount of the subtitles, and these subtitles lines are determined by a js script i ran which scrap a google chrome addon result. And I already have B subtitles file which has synchronized timecodes and subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by KisBK View Post
    the thing is I only need a very small amount of the subtitles, and these subtitles lines are determined by a js script i ran which scrap a google chrome addon result. And I already have B subtitles file which has synchronized timecodes and subtitles.
    Sorry I didn't (and still don't) understand what you are trying to do.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sorry for late reply, I found another way to get the similar result i wanted so the answer is no longer needed.
    Thank you for trying to help.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Glad you found a solution.
    Quote Quote