VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good day, forum!
    In order to watch certain shows with properly formatted subtitles, I need to use a subtitle renderer like XySubFilter or VSFilter.
    But when I do, the "copy displayed subtitle to clipboard" function doesn't work anymore. It works fine when using the internal subtitle renderer but then the subtitle's wont display correctly in certain shows.
    Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help!
    This is what it looks like with the internal subtitle renderer.
    [Attachment 78099 - Click to enlarge]

The subtitle renderer I want to use shows it like this.
    [Attachment 78100 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you tried out this filter? https://github.com/Masaiki/xy-VSFilter/releases
    I think it uses libass and mpc-hc won't be creating their own directshow filter of the internal renderer apparently.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the help. I have tried that filter out now and sadly no dice, still can't copy the subtitle text. I have installed and uninstalled it multiple times to make sure, I don't know exactly how else I can make sure that libass is actually turned on, since the settings make no mention of it.
    I then tried this: (I apologize if posting links isn't allowed)
    https://github.com/Cyberbeing/xy-VSFilter/pull/16
    Which actually gives you a box to tick in the options to use a legacy ASS implementation, but that also didn't work because you can't actually apply those settings.
    Thanks again for your reply, hopefully there will be a way to fix this.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by RLXSTANCE View Post
    Thanks for the help. I have tried that filter out now and sadly no dice, still can't copy the subtitle text. I have installed and uninstalled it multiple times to make sure, I don't know exactly how else I can make sure that libass is actually turned on, since the settings make no mention of it.
    I then tried this: (I apologize if posting links isn't allowed)
    https://github.com/Cyberbeing/xy-VSFilter/pull/16
    Which actually gives you a box to tick in the options to use a legacy ASS implementation, but that also didn't work because you can't actually apply those settings.
    Thanks again for your reply, hopefully there will be a way to fix this.
    did you try doing a factory reset on MPC-BE ??
    try that and see if you can copy displayed subtitle to clipboard
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry for the late reply, october.
    A factory reset sadly didn't work either. My only guess would be that it's an issue with the subtitle renderers themselves.
    Quote Quote