VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone, I premise that I have searched through the threads already posted but have not found an answer to my problem.

I have a problem with subtitles on my LG 32LQ63006LA.
    The subtitles work in both .srt and .ass formats, both built-in and external, but I cannot in any way get the text positioning and color change codes to work for example. (edited by me, the original subtitles do not have these formatting)
    On my computer via VLC they work correctly, while on my TV I will see {/an8}TEXT in one case or even without {/an8}, in both cases they will remain in the standard position.
    How can I make them work, do you have any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can burn they in, if your TV player doesn't support subtitle formatting.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Would you be so kind as to tell me how and with which program?
    I already have MKVextract, MKVmerge and Aegisub, but I don't know if they can be useful for what you say.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Post here a mediainfo report from your movie, and your modified ass subtitle, so i can take look.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Rusty_ducks1 View Post
    Hello everyone, I premise that I have searched through the threads already posted but have not found an answer to my problem.

I have a problem with subtitles on my LG 32LQ63006LA.
    The subtitles work in both .srt and .ass formats, both built-in and external, but I cannot in any way get the text positioning and color change codes to work for example. (edited by me, the original subtitles do not have these formatting)
    On my computer via VLC they work correctly, while on my TV I will see {/an8}TEXT in one case or even without {/an8}, in both cases they will remain in the standard position.
    How can I make them work, do you have any ideas?
    see this youtube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRubdVM4mtE
    i think you have to go into Digital mode - HD Mode option for the color change & text positioning options.
    Last edited by october262; 2nd Apr 2024 at 04:07.
    Quote Quote