VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have a good subtitle file that is perfectly synchronized for the 25 FPS version of the film (but the film is not is HD).

I have found a HD version of the film, that is at 24 FPS: of course, the subs are not correctly synchronized because they have been synchronized for the 25 FPS version of the film.

Is there an easy way to adapt the subtitle file to the new speed of the film (24FPS) ? or should I have to manually re-synchronize the subs ?

Thank you very much,
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Open the subtitle in Subtitle Edit
    synchronization/change frame rate
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well, maybe my question is not clear...

I have found a HD video (24FPS) of a film that I previously had in 25FPS (non HD).
    My subtitles are perfect for a 25FPS version.

But is there a way to adapt the ".srt" file to the HD 24FPS version of the film ?

Because your solution change the video frame rate, so it would result in a HD 25FPS film, wouldn't it ?

Thank you very much,
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Nounours18200 View Post
    Well, maybe my question is not clear...

I have found a HD video (24FPS) of a film that I previously had in 25FPS (non HD).
    My subtitles are perfect for a 25FPS version.

But is there a way to adapt the ".srt" file to the HD 24FPS version of the film ?

Because your solution change the video frame rate, so it would result in a HD 25FPS film, wouldn't it ?

Thank you very much,
    Is the subtitle you have embedded in the video? Demux the subtitle so you can work with it by itself.
    Open the subtitle in SE and resync from 25 > 24 as I mentioned. That will retime (slow down) the subs, then
    save as a new sub
    Remux new sub with the 24 fps video
    Quote Quote  
  5. Is the subtitle you have embedded in the video?
    No, it is the ".srt" file that I have created myself.

Open the subtitle in SE and resync from 25 > 24 as I mentioned. That will retime (slow down) the subs, then
    save as a new sub
    I am not 100%, but it is what I have probably done because the subs remain perfectly synchronized with the 24 FPS film.

The confusion (in my mind) comes from the fact that I believed that the video itself was slow down (not the subs), whereas it appears that the video remains unchanged and the subs are slow down: it is exactly what I need !

Thank you very much for your help
    Quote Quote