VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I want to play my SD card videos on tv without using my camcorder to connect to the TV. So I recently bought the AGPTEK Mini HD Media Player for connecting with the TV. Here you can put in the SD card and play the videos on TV. But when I put the SD card in the device and try to play it, the message "Sorry this video can't be played" appears on my TV.

I'm totally not an expert with formats etc but I did some research. My videos are AVCHD or MTS. I understand that MTS is AVCHD format. I understand that MTS format files will automatically change into MTS2 formats when transferred to a computer. According to the specifications of the device it has to support MTS2 (see pictures).

Does this mean I will not be able to play my SD card video's directly with the device? Do I have to transfer it to the computer first so it becomes an MTS2 file and then transfer it back to the SD card? Or do I have to convert it to MP4 or something else?

Devices used:

- Samsung Smart TV
    - Panasonic HC-X920 camcorder
    - AGPTEK Mini HD Media player

Thanks in advance for response

[Attachment 77893 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 77894 - Click to enlarge]

File format shown on PC

[Attachment 77895 - Click to enlarge]

File format by device shown on TV

[Attachment 77896 - Click to enlarge]

Device supporting info

[Attachment 77897 - Click to enlarge]

Device supporting info 2

[Attachment 77898 - Click to enlarge]

The Device

Greetings Cyrano
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use mkvmerge and change the mts to mkv,it will do this without any encoding.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Use mkvmerge and change the mts to mkv,it will do this without any encoding.
    Hey, thanks for the quick response. I Installed MKVmerge and changed the MTS to MKV, see picture below

[Attachment 77906 - Click to enlarge]

I put the SD card back into the media player but unfortunately it still can't play the video. And there's another thing. When I play the MKV file on the computer, the video stutters.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Paste a mediainfo of the video here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Paste a mediainfo of the video here.
    [Attachment 77907 - Click to enlarge]

Media Info MKV

[Attachment 77908 - Click to enlarge]

Media Info MTS
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The reason your media player can't play the video is cause the profile is set to 4.2,use clever FFmpeg-GUI to set it to 4.1.Also if your computer stutters it's either the media player that's causing that issue or your computer isn't that good enough to play it properly.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    The reason your media player can't play the video is cause the profile is set to 4.2,use clever FFmpeg-GUI to set it to 4.1.Also if your computer stutters it's either the media player that's causing that issue or your computer isn't that good enough to play it properly.
    I've installed FFmpeg-GUI. I had to download FFMpeg first and edit the systemvariables of my computer. After installing FFMpeg and FFMpeg-GUI I opened the program and went to the video editing screen. But I can't find the option to change the profile from 4.2 to 4.1, see picture below.

[Attachment 77909 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Try pixel format,mine say change p-level.
    It's now on auto, if I go down I can choose between: yuv420p, yuvj420p, yuv422p, yuvj422p, yuv444p, yuvj444p, nv12, nv16, nv21, yuv420p10le, yuv422p10le, yuv444p10le, nv20le, gray, gray10le.

Wich one would be 4.1?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try various for change p-level.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Try various for change p-level.
    When I click various, other options appear but not P-level.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Main, various, change p-level.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Main, various, change p-level.
    I changed it now in 4.1. But it's still not working, see below

[Attachment 77910 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 77911 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by cyranosph View Post
    your device is trash, it doesn't support avchd 2.0

play direct from camcorder or make avchd 2.0 disc or re-encode to 720p 8mbps in mp4 container
    make video everyday
    Quote Quote  
  14. Retry with level 4.
    If that still doesn't work, try 3.1
    Last edited by ProWo; 25th Mar 2024 at 10:05. Reason: info added
    Quote Quote  
  15. @cyranophs:
    Your problem is not with the media player. The problem is most probably with your Samsung TV which doesn't support 1920x1080p50 but only 1280x720p50 or 1920x1080i25.
    So you should reencode your videos using ProWo's GUI, or apply this commandline (assuming your source is really 50fps progressive):

Converting to 1280x720p50:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -y -i "%~1" -c:a copy -c:v libx264 -preset slow -crf 18 -filter:v "scale=w=1280:h=720:force_original_aspect_ratio=decrease,pad=1280/sar:720:-1:-1:color=black" "%~1_1280x720.mp4"
    Converting to 1920x1080i25:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -y -i "%~1" -vf setfield=tff,tinterlace=4 -c:a copy -c:v libx264 -preset slow -crf 20 -flags +ilme+ildct "%~1_i25.mp4"

or upload a sample of your .mts source.
    Last edited by Sharc; 25th Mar 2024 at 02:37.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by 4kblurayguru View Post
    Originally Posted by cyranosph View Post
    your device is trash, it doesn't support avchd 2.0

play direct from camcorder or make avchd 2.0 disc or re-encode to 720p 8mbps in mp4 container
    I hoped this wouldn’t be the case. I haven’t been able to find another device being able to play avchd 2.0.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Retry with level 4.
    Thanks. Unfortunately I’m only home in the weekend. I owe you the answer until friday/saturday.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
    @cyranophs:
    Your problem is not with the media player. The problem is most probably with your Samsung TV which doesn't support 1920x1080p50 but only 1280x720p50 or 1920x1080i25.
    So you should reencode your videos using ProWo's GUI, or apply this commandline (assuming your source is really 50fps progressive):

Converting to 1280x720p50:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -y -i "%~1" -c:a copy -c:v libx264 -preset slow -crf 18 -filter:v "scale=w=1280:h=720:force_original_aspect_ratio=decrease,pad=1280/sar:720:-1:-1:color=black" "%~1_1280x720.mp4"
    Converting to 1920x1080i25:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -y -i "%~1" -vf setfield=tff,tinterlace=4 -c:a copy -c:v libx264 -preset slow -crf 20 -flags +ilme+ildct "%~1_i25.mp4"

or upload a sample of your .mts source.
    I was thinking that too but my TV is able to play Full HD 1980x1080p50. When I connect my Panasonic HC-x920 camcorder to the TV it has always been playing my videos without a problem.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by cyranosph View Post
    I was thinking that too but my TV is able to play Full HD 1980x1080p50. When I connect my Panasonic HC-x920 camcorder to the TV it has always been playing my videos without a problem.
    Did you try the script(s)? They adjust other parameters as well (like level ...)
    Or try this. It also re-encodes the audio. Some players don't like ac3/dts audio in certain containers ....
    Code:
    ffmpeg -y -i "%~1" -c:a aac -c:v libx264 -preset slow -crf 18 -filter:v "scale=w=1280:h=720:force_original_aspect_ratio=decrease,pad=1280/sar:720:-1:-1:color=black" "%~1_1280x720.mp4"
    Last edited by Sharc; 25th Mar 2024 at 04:26.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
    Did you try the script(s)? They adjust other parameters as well (like level ...)
    Or try this. It also re-encodes the audio. Some players don't like ac3/dts audio in certain containers ....
    Code:
    ffmpeg -y -i "%~1" -c:a aac -c:v libx264 -preset slow -crf 18 -filter:v "scale=w=1280:h=720:force_original_aspect_ratio=decrease,pad=1280/sar:720:-1:-1:color=black" "%~1_1280x720.mp4"
    I haven’t try this yet. I don’t know where I have to typ this?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by cyranosph View Post
    Assuming that you have ffmpeg.exe somewhere on your PC: Copy and paste the script into notepad and save it to your deskop as "cyranosph.cmd" (without the quotes). Now drag and drop your .mts sourcefile onto that icon on your desktop. It will produce a new .mp4 file which your player should play. You may also copy that .mp4 file onto an USB stick and plug it into your TV's USB port, bypassing your mediaplayer.

If you prefer you can try to do similar (reduce resolution, reduce the level, reencode the audio and remux to a new container) using some GUI instead of the ffmpeg commandline of course.
    Last edited by Sharc; 25th Mar 2024 at 06:34.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
    Assuming that you have ffmpeg.exe somewhere on your PC: Copy and paste the script into notepad and save it to your deskop as "cyranosph.cmd" (without the quotes). Now drag and drop your .mts sourcefile onto that icon on your desktop. It will produce a new .mp4 file which your player should play. You may also copy that .mp4 file onto an USB stick and plug it into your TV's USB port, bypassing your mediaplayer.

If you prefer you can try to do similar (reduce resolution, reduce the level, reencode the audio and remux to a new container) using some GUI instead of the ffmpeg commandline of course.
    Oke I will be home friday/saturday again. I will let you know if it works, thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hey guys,

It finally worked, with a little help of my father. Converting the AVCHD2.0 file into MPEG4 and my HDMI player was able to play the video's. I decided to send the HDMI player back, because I am not supposed to have to convert all my SD cards on the computer first in order to watch my videos on TV. I want to put the SD card immediately into a player connected to the TV to watch my video's.

I wasn't able to find such a player yet, so if anybody ever has a tip for me please let me know

I have find another little solution. I Installed the app KODI on tv in combination with a USB 3.0 SD card reader:

[Attachment 78368 - Click to enlarge]

This way I can directly connect the SD card in the USB SD card reader.

I want to thank everyone for the help and quick responses.

Have a nice sunday!

Greetings Cyrano
    Quote Quote