VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. As per the title description, I'm wanting to copy a part of the audio track which was extracted from a video using ffmpeg.

I don't have exact times for the beginning and ending of the wanted portion of audio. So I think I'll have to use a GUI controlled audio editor to see the audio waveform and then select the beginning and ending of the wanted portion of audio.

Thought this would be an easy procedure, but it is turning out to be difficult!

I have already tried using Audacity, ocenaudio, and also Goldwave. I'm having trouble placing "markers" (accurately) for the beginning and end of the wanted audio clip using all of these editors. Also, it is not clear on how to actually copy the clip between the markers and discard the rest of the audio clip? The 'help' option for these editors (where available) were not really helpful and not really clear on the procedure.

So, what is an easy to use GUI audio editor that will allow precise 'marker' placement and easy to copy/export the wanted audio portion and discard the rest of the audio content?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In Audacity, at the bottom, you can specify the selection's start- and end-times with 1/1000th second accuracy. Once done, go File --> Export Audio. In the export window, select your desired audio-format and at the bottom select radio button "Current selection".
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In Audacity, open your file. Anywhere on one of the tracks, left drag to create a light-coloured selection. Adjust the exact position of either or both edge/s with the mouse pointer; it will change to a finger when you touch the edge of the selection; then left click-drag it.

Then export as @Ennio says.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Alwyn; 21st Mar 2024 at 02:39.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the (detailed) comments!

Sort of got the hang of using Audacity to extract a portion of the audio clip now! Initially I found Audacity a bit difficult to use, it is not really user friendly from my point of view. Just starting to get using Audacity more effectively and more efficiently now.
    Quote Quote