VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I know N_m3u8DL-RE download and decrypt but I downloaded a live streaming without providing the --key option.
    How can I decrypted it? I know the keyid/key.

The resulting files are:
    [Attachment 77723 - Click to enlarge]

The first folder contains the video and the second the audio chunks:
    [Attachment 77735 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 77737 - Click to enlarge]

I tried to decrypt one chunk/segment with mp4decrypt but didn't work, even tried with openssl.
    Last edited by Frankss; 16th Mar 2024 at 10:24. Reason: The last two images were the wrong images
    Quote Quote  
  2. first combine all m4s files, use command:

in video folder:
    Code:
    copy /b _init.mp4+*.m4s output.mp4
    in audio folder:
    Code:
    copy /b _init.mp4+*.m4s output.m4a

then you can use shaka-packager or mp4decrypt to decrypt video and audio, and merge to a final.mp4 use ffmpeg or final.mkv use mkvmerge.

attention that your video folder, i dont know why the m4s file name with '_dec' when you not provided decryption key. so if not work, you can try
    Code:
    copy /b _init_dec.mp4+*.m4s output.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by shellcmd View Post
    first combine all m4s files, use command:

in video folder:
    Code:
    copy /b _init.mp4+*.m4s output.mp4
    in audio folder:
    Code:
    copy /b _init.mp4+*.m4s output.m4a

then you can use shaka-packager or mp4decrypt to decrypt video and audio, and merge to a final.mp4 use ffmpeg or final.mkv use mkvmerge.

attention that your video folder, i dont know why the m4s file name with '_dec' when you not provided decryption key. so if not work, you can try
    Code:
    copy /b _init_dec.mp4+*.m4s output.mp4
    It worked!!, "i dont know why the m4s file name with '_dec' when you not provided decryption key." Sorry that wasn't the image, edited.

I was racking my brain trying to decrypt them individually. Just out of curiousity, this is the file corresponding to video:
    Code:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXT-X-VERSION:6
    #EXT-X-TARGETDURATION:6
    #EXT-X-PLAYLIST-TYPE:EVENT
    #EXT-X-MEDIA-SEQUENCE:0
    #EXT-X-PROGRAM-DATE-TIME:2024-03-10T17:19:56.899Z
    #EXT-X-KEY:METHOD=SAMPLE-AES-CTR,KEYFORMAT="urn:uuid:edef8ba9-79d6-4ace-a3c8-27dcd51d21ed",KEYFORMATVERSIONS="1",URI="data:text/plain;base64,AAAAMnBzc2gAAAAA7e+LqXnWSs6jyCfc1R0h7QAAABISEMLfwSCHWkius481X4OwC1g="
    #EXT-X-KEY:METHOD=SAMPLE-AES-CTR,KEYFORMAT="com.microsoft.playready",KEYFORMATVERSIONS="1",URI="data:text/plain;charset=UTF-16;base64,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"
    #EXT-X-KEY:METHOD=SAMPLE-AES-CTR,KEYFORMAT="PRMNAGRA",KEYFORMATVERSIONS="1",URI="data:text/plain;base64,eyJrZXktaWQiOiJjMmRmYzEyMC04NzVhLTQ4YWUtYjM4Zi0zNTVmODNiMDBiNTgiLCJlbWkiOiJjdHIiLCJwcm0iOiJleUpqYjI1MFpXNTBTV1FpT2lKamRISWlMQ0pyWlhsSlpDSTZJbU15Wkdaak1USXdMVGczTldFdE5EaGhaUzFpTXpobUxUTTFOV1k0TTJJd01HSTFPQ0o5In0="
    #EXT-X-MAP:URI="map.mp4"
    #EXTINF:5.005,
    070/17/20/11_914.mp4
    070/17/20/16_919.mp4
    070/17/20/21_924.mp4
    The files downloaded by N_m3u8DL-RE are _init.mp4 plus .m4s files, does N_m3u8DL-RE just change the format to them?

Thank's so much
    Last edited by Frankss; 16th Mar 2024 at 12:43. Reason: Added a little curiosity at the end
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't think N_m3u8DL-RE change file format, maybe only change file extension from .mp4 to .m4s , init.mp4 is the first segments, it will never change, always _init.mp4 comes from N_m3u8DL-RE
    Quote Quote