VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Bwaak View Post
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Long story short - instead desktop buy notebook with FW or one allowing for easy FW integration
    Hindsight is 20/20. Are there notebooks with FW? How will you integrate FW into a notebook? I wish PC Card format was resurrected.
    Once again - you can buy cheaply notebook with embedded FireWire - provided link for Lenovo already - cost of notebook with working FW interface is within 50$ or buy notebook supporting PC Card - IMHO this is less risky than searching for USB/Thunderbolt based solution.

I would consider such notebook as "smart FireWire" card also older OS may help. Of course you may search for other approach if like to be tester.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    Does this just mean that my particular USB-to-Firewire cable won't work (maybe a different mapping of the mini-Firewire port pins on the camcorder to the USB port pins on the PC is needed), but that a different one will work? Or is there a standard mapping of mini-Firewire to USB that's supported by all camcorders that support DV stream over USB?
    This adapter will not work. For it to work, the camera must support a FireWire->USB adapter. It is written on the packaging which camera it supports.
    Quote Quote