VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. not sure, will it make the file run faster? I will try that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    Thanks for the giude, I'm hoping (having only just read it), it will solve my following problem!
    I downloaded 24 x 22 minute episodes in DivX and converted (so far) six to mpeg using TMPGEnc.
    The first three were fine but the fourth had sound and video out of synch.
    Before running through TMPGEnc the avi file was fine, so sound problems.
    I noticed the sound got progressively worse through the episode, so where it was perhaps two seconds out at the beginning, it was five seconds out at the end.
    Will
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Silky31
    Hello,
    Thanks for the giude, I'm hoping (having only just read it), it will solve my following problem!
    I downloaded 24 x 22 minute episodes in DivX and converted (so far) six to mpeg using TMPGEnc.
    The first three were fine but the fourth had sound and video out of synch.
    Before running through TMPGEnc the avi file was fine, so sound problems.
    I noticed the sound got progressively worse through the episode, so where it was perhaps two seconds out at the beginning, it was five seconds out at the end.
    Will
    I ran into that problem as well in the same type of situation. To solve it, I converted the file using 23.976 = VideoCD (NTSCFilm) and that fixed the sync problem.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm having a slight problem with TMPGEnc following this guide. Everything goes smoothly until the end of the conversion. It seems TMPGEnc terminates at the end of the conversion. The video is fine except that the last 2 seconds of video are missing. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi all. I've got a couple of problems - although your guides have made things unimagineably easier:

Firstly, I've got a few Friends episodes. They look very similar in size, and have been grabbed from IRC. They're LAME AC3 audio and DivX video encoded.

However, while TMPGEnc can do some fine into VCD at about 230 meg (from 110 meg DivX) , for some random reason it tells me a couple of them would be 1.2 or 1.3 gig. ?? Don't understand.....

Secondly, although your guides are great and clear, the only thing I don't understand is - when pulling a template based upon the fps, does the TMPGEnc template refer to what will be encoded or what has been encoded in the source? Cos the avi's are from the US (NTSC) while I'm in the UK and would need them as PAL. So can I use the PAL template even though the source file is 29 FPS NTSC ?

Thanks as usual....
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm having a problem with the MPG file after TMPGEnc is finished the conversion. There is audio when I play the MPG back using PowerDVD but the video is pitch black.

filename - [TMD]The.Lord.Of.The.Rings.The.Two.Towers.(TCF).INTERNA L.CAM.(1of3).avi

TMPGEnc Plus 2.59.47.155

I stripped the WAV first from the DiVX file to [TMD]The.Lord.Of.The.Rings.The.Two.Towers.(TCF).INTERNA L.CAM.(1of3).wav and followed the instructions step-by-step
    Source aspect raio - 1:1 [VGA]
    Video arrange Method - Center [keep aspect ratio]

I've tried Video-CD NTSC & NTSC Film and Super Video-CD NTSC & NTSC Film to no avail.

Any help would be great. Thanks much.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I can't seem to get the right codec or something for video cuz all i see is black when i encode. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

-g

Quote Quote  
  8. Problem: When converting to MPGE from DIVX low bitrate I loose the color of the original and end up with a black and white version.

File: Yugi Oh Manga
    Frame size: 318x238, 15,001fps
    Decompressor: DivX codec 4.11

Using VirtualDub and TMPGEx

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  9. Now, I have a problem doing this.

I follow all the instructions to the letter, but my audio gets out of sync.

I have a wierd frame rate, 29.75 Frames per second.

It doesn't matter, doing it in Film mode, or NTSC.

I've got quite a few files to convert, and most of them are this wierd frame rate. Would have been good to capture them myself, as I would have done it right the first time, but I have to live with what I got.

thanks..
    Quote Quote  
  10. okay, here is my problem with following the guide. Well, there is no problems with following the guide but it was the final product that I am having problems with. My video froze at a certain frame in the begininning while the sounds is still going. I am not sure how to fix the problems, please HELP!

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  11. hi i did everthing but i still cant convert my divx it says pointer error heres the info
    video
    frame size 29.970 640x480
    decompressor xvid mpeg4 codec (i got divx pro,fourcc xvid codec)
    audio
    sam rate 48000hz
    channels 2
    compressor fraunhofer ll2 mpeg layer-3codec
    i try both ways it didnt work at all
    Quote Quote  
  12. hello,
    I am trying to convert a divx(avi) file into a VCD so that i can watch in my dvd player.
    I did everything exactly as specified in the guide.since the fps is 23.976, i choose VideoCD (NTSCFilm) when i used TMPGEnc to convert
    avi -->mpeg.
    I used TMPGEnc to burn it on a CD-RW n CD-R.
    but at the end when i tried to play in my DVD player i get an error saying
    "Check Disc". I even tried TMPGEnc with VideoCD (PAL) option but still i got the same error.

can you please tell where i went wrong. I got "zenith DVB312" DVD player.

thanks,
    -sagar.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I was wondering why subtitles disappear when you use the process in the guide. Is their any way to fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Slight problem, i think i'd better tell you im a complete n00b :S. Downloaded a DivX file. Ran it through DivFix but can't get the .wav filoe, when i open the .avi and go to save WAV, "No audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format" Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by EvilTurkey
    when i open the .avi and go to save WAV, "No audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format"
    It would have been best to start a new thread for this question.

You need to install a codec on your sytem. Test your file with Gspot to find out which one then install it. If it's AC3 the it's best to extract the wave with Goldwave.
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
  16. It needed AC3 audio codec and Xvid video. Both are installed, what program should i use and how do i make a vcd? Thanks in Advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can extract the audio to a wav file using Goldwave, just load the avi in then save. Use the wav as the audio input when encoding with TMPGEnc.
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
  18. Thanks. I can now get a mpeg file, wondering if you could help me with my cd burner problem, it can never burn anything, if i attempt to burn a disc and then use it, it just dosent work. This happens on any computer. With making a VCD, it works but the vcd is very jerky and dosent play smoothly as it does when written with other cd-rw's

Any Help Is Appreciated
    Quote Quote