VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. N_m3u8DL-RE hasn't seen a new release since Jun 28, 2023, but new features have been added to their main branch. One particularly interesting addition is the ability to select streams based on role, like "Main" or "Description". If included in the service manifest, this makes it much easier to see which audio track has descriptive audio since few services include that info in the id:

Code:
    INFO : Aud *CENC 7 | 194 Kbps | ec-3 | en-US | 6CH | 211 Segments | Main | ~21m04s
    INFO : Aud *CENC 10 | 131 Kbps | mp4a.40.2 | en-US | 2CH | 211 Segments | Description | ~21m04s
    INFO : Aud *CENC 8 | 130 Kbps | mp4a.40.2 | en-US | 2CH | 211 Segments | Main | ~21m04s
    INFO : Aud *CENC 9 | 130 Kbps | ec-3 | en-US | 2CH | 211 Segments | Description | ~21m04s
    INFO : Sub 11 | en-US | wvtt | 209 Segments | Main | ~20m54s
    Another interesting feature is the --ad-keyword <REG>, where you can use keywords to filter out ad segments from a manifest.
    See N_m3u8DL-RE --help for all options.

Since there are no new executables on the official repository, I forked it and built them myself to include the new features. These are considered pre-releases, so bugs are possible. I haven't noticed any issues on Linux or Windows so far, though.

You can find them here: https://github.com/stabbedbybrick/N_m3u8DL-RE/releases/tag/20240304
    Quote Quote  
  2. Thanks for that ill try it out

Just realised i was using the same version already put in Freevine bin directory
    Last edited by PSXman_uk; 4th Mar 2024 at 12:46.
    Quote Quote  
  3. great work !
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by stabbedbybrick View Post
    N_m3u8DL-RE hasn't seen a new release since Jun 28, 2023 ....
    are you sure ?

[Attachment 77426 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    Originally Posted by stabbedbybrick View Post
    N_m3u8DL-RE hasn't seen a new release since Jun 28, 2023 ....
    are you sure ?

[Attachment 77426 - Click to enlarge]
    Yes. The latest official beta is ver. 20230628 (https://github.com/nilaoda/N_m3u8DL-RE/releases/tag/v0.2.0-beta)

Version 2023113 is the latest build from their pre-release workflow, which is exactly the ones I've posted. The builds on their repository have expired, so I re-built them and figured I'd share them with people who didn't know they existed.
    Quote Quote  
  6. ok, thanks for share your rel
    Quote Quote  
  7. thanks, good job
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Quote  
  9. ugh stabby you're a goat - i found the other thread where you mentioned this feature and then realised the artifacts had gone - thank heavens for your foresight.
    Quote Quote  
  10. @stabbedbybrick:

Would you mind sharing how you build the Up-To-Date version (for win-x64 and linux-x64) if it is not too complicated?
    If I was in politics I make sure you drink plenty of beer
    and watch plenty of TV to keep you busy. | Data is the new oil.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by pssh View Post
    @stabbedbybrick:

Would you mind sharing how you build the Up-To-Date version (for win-x64 and linux-x64) if it is not too complicated?
    It's all handled by github. The N_m3u8DL-RE project has a build workflow, so you only have to fork it and run it.
    Quote Quote