VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been trying to extract the subtitles from a .mkv video and make it work in another .mkv video but the subtitles are different. The .ass file i extracted works perfectly in the original video file but if i apply it to another video, it janks up. I've tried edit Subtitles and mkvCleaver but the results are the same.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	original.PNG
Views:	13
Size:	949.9 KB
ID:	77226  

Click image for larger version

Name:	another.PNG
Views:	11
Size:	579.7 KB
ID:	77227  

Quote Quote  
  2. Does original have fonts that you did not include in the 2nd MKV ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Does original have fonts that you did not include in the 2nd MKV ?
    I'm not sure how to extract those fonts that are used in the original video.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by TheCheezyBear View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Does original have fonts that you did not include in the 2nd MKV ?
    I'm not sure how to extract those fonts that are used in the original video.

mkvextract to extract, and/or mkvmerge to mux a new mkv

An easy way for a GUI would be mkvtoolnix GUI . You don't need to "extract" the fonts or any attachments . Open the original mkv, unselect streams you don't want - such as the old original video and/or audio. Add new video and/or audio from the 2nd mkv. Check attachments tab, the fonts should still be there. Push start multiplexing
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post

mkvextract to extract, and/or mkvmerge to mux a new mkv

An easy way for a GUI would be mkvtoolnix GUI . You don't need to "extract" the fonts or any attachments . Open the original mkv, unselect streams you don't want - such as the old original video and/or audio. Add new video and/or audio from the 2nd mkv. Check attachments tab, the fonts should still be there. Push start multiplexing
    that works. thanks
    Quote Quote