VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Trying to download Fatal Flight Shoreham from Discovery Plus but having some issues, just wondering if this is actually possible. Link below:
    https://www.discoveryplus.com/gb/show/fatal-flight-shoreham
    Quote Quote  
  2. Decryption Keys:
    1c5e46969fd7401aadcc978a6281fb9a:d22e38c6898374d53 6ac82c168ff6312
    Quote Quote  
  3. Legend thank you just need to get the mpd Url now
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Av4K100 View Post
    Legend thank you just need to get the mpd Url now
    Have you tried using The Stream Detector browser extension? That should make it pretty easy for everyone.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'll use that moving forward thank you, just noticed i cant get the MPD as my pass expired last week will have to keep an eye out for another trial cropping up to grab the link etc. again. Thanks for that though as it should make it easier next time round
    Quote Quote  
  6. Can anyone enlighten me of the method for dealing with the video/audio out of sync issues caused by the removal of the ads ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. from my experience, when you cut video portion, the part of the video and its audio are removed. then the remaining video stays in sync

explain better what you mean
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    from my experience, when you cut video portion, the part of the video and its audio are removed. then the remaining video stays in sync

explain better what you mean
    It's not like that on some sites, the subs have timings for each line of subtitle text to match the programme stream including adverts. So, say, for 240 seconds during adverts no subtitles play So at the end first ad-break, which gets cut away, the subtitles have times to start again 240 seconds out of sync
    I found this on STV.tv when I was experimenting cutting adverts included in the video stream using boltdns.net SSAI (Server Side Advert Inclusion) technology. Thankfully they stopped using SSAI. I could cut adverts precisely given they supplied timings to 1/100 sec but subs always became out of sync.

I couldn't see an easy way around it by code

You may find playing your stream through VLC on Android TV allows a version of VLC that has the facility to use a web-library of subtitles which can be downloaded. I've used a few with great success and a few that frustrate me no end. You need to find the right verion for your video.
    Or, if you have time, search for the source of the subtitle-library on the web and combine a downloaded sub onto your video stream with ffmpeg.
    Noob Starter Pack. Just download every Widevine mpd! Not kidding!.
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/301890/hellyes6.zip
    Quote Quote  
  9. yes, you're right about subs. but the user above (post#6) talk only about video/audio
    cause this i've ask him to explain better his issue
    Quote Quote  
  10. PlutoTV had lip sync issues and stabbedbybrick addressed it in his Freevine PlutoTV service. I was the one who brought up the issue and thankfully he figured out the remedy.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    yes, you're right about subs. but the user above (post#6) talk only about video/audio
    cause this i've ask him to explain better his issue
    Sorry, I'll get my coat.
    Noob Starter Pack. Just download every Widevine mpd! Not kidding!.
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/301890/hellyes6.zip
    Quote Quote