VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I don't know how else to ask it. Handbrake 1.7.3 updated with LibDVD 1.4.3 won't load it completely.
    I've had several problems with Hb all at once. One problem was it started the encode in Win7 on a different PC and with the older version but shut it down repeatedly-- turned the PC off. I had never seen that before. There was a recent hardware change-- an old CRT monitor. installed on it (not in very good working order-- just to use the screen until replaced.

Then over here on Win10 it won't load. I didn't catch the error message. The problem DVD is the new film.

I ran it again and it says no valid source files found after it inspects the chapters in the load process of the disc. The media looks to be free of visual damage.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I am giving it another whirl on Win7-- I slowed everything down so will see if it goes the distance.
    these are unusual problems though. And the error on Win 10 is unexplained. Maybe someone else has seen it lately. The CPU is a Ryzen on an A320 Asus. It cannot be a speed problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply. I did get it transferred so can close the topic.

Years ago I tried to use MakeMKV but it used up a lot of disk space and would quit if I remember right.
    It may have advantages for problem disks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I ran it again and it says no valid source files found after it inspects the chapters in the load process of the disc. The media looks to be free of visual damage.
    Thats true.
    The developers of HandBrake change recognition of chapters/titles in the GUI a while ago.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!