VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a VHS of a 30 year old dance performance, about 7 minutes long, and the colors are way off. Everything appears redish hues. Interestingly, I have a photograph from that performance which has all the correct colors. I'm working with a lagarith capture and processing in avisynth+. Can any of you point me in the right direction if there's a function that may work?

Since the performance is the same lighting, costumes and backdrop throughout, it seems like I should be able to match it. I'm looking at colourLike(), but it seems like it wants an input clip to generate a histogram. Is there a way to perhaps get it to read a .jpg?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by jeby1980 View Post
    I have a VHS of a 30 year old dance performance, about 7 minutes long, and the colors are way off. Everything appears redish hues. Interestingly, I have a photograph from that performance which has all the correct colors. I'm working with a lagarith capture and processing in avisynth+. Can any of you point me in the right direction if there's a function that may work?

Since the performance is the same lighting, costumes and backdrop throughout, it seems like I should be able to match it. I'm looking at colourLike(), but it seems like it wants an input clip to generate a histogram. Is there a way to perhaps get it to read a .jpg?

You can use ImageSource to create a video from a jpg .

There is also MatchHistogram , TweakHist (from manyPlus), GamMatch, RGBAdapt

But if there are too many changes compared to the single image, none of those will work very well - you're probably better off manually correcting it in something like Davinci Resolve
    Quote Quote  
  3. Perfect, thank you. I'll look into these.
    Quote Quote