VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello All!

Man, such a bloody simple thing and I can't find $h*t!

I just want a simple way to identify what region a burned DVD is, just to be sure that it is indeed region free. I've tried Smart Ripper, but it does not show it. I've tried DVD Identifier which you would THINK would bloody well identify the region of the disc, but no...

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here, but can someone please just tell me a simple way to check a burned DVD to see if it is region free or if it is encoded to a specific region?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Burned dvds are typically region free, region 0 or 1,2,3,.....

Burned dvds from a studio might have region protection.

But do try dvd decrypter since that should report the region (just tested it on one of mine that reports 1,2,3,........)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Burned dvds are typically region free, region 0 or 1,2,3,.....

Burned dvds from a studio might have region protection.

But do try dvd decrypter since that should report the region (just tested it on one of mine that reports 1,2,3,........)
    Thanks Bro! I kinda assumed that. I had used DVD Ripper and the box was checked that said something like region code patch, so I'm THINKING that it did remove the region coding from my older UK DVD but I just wanted a way to check it to be sure. I was thinking also of trying DVD Decrypter if it was still around.

Appreciate the suggestion! How can you not trust a fellow with such a respectable Avatar...
    Quote Quote