VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

After extracting the .sup file from a .mkv, I open it with Subtitle Edit and convert it to .srt using Tesseract 5.3.3, then load .srt into the movie but timings are out of sync. Even after adding or reducing delay to all lines, they go out of sync again after a couple of minutes.

Strangely, when I load the .sup file that I extracted directly into the movie, the timings are correct.
    So, I think that issue happens on how Subtitle Edit reads the timestamps of the sup file.

This problem has occurred multiple times with different .sup files.

I'm not sure if I can paste here the Github links where are uploaded the sup and srt files to test it.
    Anyway you can google it the same title and you will find my reported issue in Subtitle Edit GitHub repository.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Feels Good Man 2nHxWW6GkN1l916N3ayz8HQoi's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Last edited by 2nHxWW6GkN1l916N3ayz8HQoi; 18th Feb 2024 at 06:20.
    --[----->+<]>.++++++++++++.---.--------.
    [*drm mass downloader: widefrog*]~~~[*how to make your own mass downloader: guide*]
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, I can do that. But the idea is that you can use any video that you have and you will see the difference. Once When you loads the sup file the subtitles shows different then when you loads the srt file. Anyway I will find a way to upload the video file and share it here.
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by EloyFarina View Post
    After extracting the .sup file from a .mkv, I open it with Subtitle Edit and convert it to .srt using Tesseract 5.3.3, then load .srt into the movie but timings are out of sync.
    The same movie?
    What's the framerate (fps) from mkv with sup subtitle?
    Is the framerate of the destination video different?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Feels Good Man 2nHxWW6GkN1l916N3ayz8HQoi's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by EloyFarina View Post
    Yes, I can do that. But the idea is that you can use any video that you have and you will see the difference. Once When you loads the sup file the subtitles shows different then when you loads the srt file. Anyway I will find a way to upload the video file and share it here.
    Thanks!
    I actually did that. That's why I wanted the video problem.

[Attachment 77102 - Click to enlarge]
    [*drm mass downloader: widefrog*]~~~[*how to make your own mass downloader: guide*]
    Quote Quote  
  6. Sure, buddy. Here is:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XsEpUNkUp4W68lT1MpukzGOtmDFcriYT/view?usp=sharing
    Please tell me once you download the file to turn off the sharing.
    Thanks for checking
    Regards
    Quote Quote  
  7. My comment with the link is under review. Video size is 15 GB,
    Awaiting moderator's approval.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ohh, I think what is the root cause of it.
    It's related from where is stored the file.
    Give me 24 hs and I will explain what happened.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Feels Good Man 2nHxWW6GkN1l916N3ayz8HQoi's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sure, buddy. Here is:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XsEpUNkUp4W68lT1MpukzGOtmDFcriYT/view?usp=sharing
    Please tell me once you download the file to turn off the sharing.
    Thanks for checking
    Regards
    Can't download, file isn't shared publicly. But if you figured it out on your own, congrats.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hello. Yes, I disabled the sharing when I located the root cause. I just needed some time to confirm it.

One thing I didn't mention is that I'm using Kodi on a Raspberry Pi 4B. It works fine from my computer, but for some reason, the subtitles (SRT) are out of sync on the Raspberry Pi. I initially trusted the Raspberry Pi because the video is the movie IT (2017) 1080p.UHD.BluRay.DD+7.1.HDR.x265... So, it's a 1080p movie with a high bitrate, but that's all. The Raspberry Pi handles 4K movies well, yet in this case, it's causing issues with a 1080p video. That's the reason why I never suspected it was the Raspberry Pi causing the problem.

Thank you for your interest in this matter.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Feels Good Man 2nHxWW6GkN1l916N3ayz8HQoi's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    One thing I didn't mention is that I'm using Kodi on a Raspberry Pi 4B. It works fine from my computer, but for some reason, the subtitles (SRT) are out of sync on the Raspberry Pi.
    You could try another media player for that 1080p video to see where the problem is coming from. Do the same issues happen?
    Last edited by 2nHxWW6GkN1l916N3ayz8HQoi; 20th Feb 2024 at 01:12.
    Quote Quote  
  12. My friend tested with other Raspberry Pi 4B but with Plex. Test results are... mixed... first time he tested issue ocurred, but the second time no.
    Anyway I bought a Raspberry Pi 5 to test it, but it will arrive in the next days. I will update this thread with the results.

Regards
    Quote Quote  
  13. Feels Good Man 2nHxWW6GkN1l916N3ayz8HQoi's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    My friend tested with other Raspberry Pi 4B but with Plex. Test results are... mixed... first time he tested issue ocurred, but the second time no.
    Anyway I bought a Raspberry Pi 5 to test it, but it will arrive in the next days. I will update this thread with the results.

Regards
    Why buy something just to test it? Can't you change the video player on that rapsberry pi 4b?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by 2nHxWW6GkN1l916N3ayz8HQoi View Post
    My friend tested with other Raspberry Pi 4B but with Plex. Test results are... mixed... first time he tested issue ocurred, but the second time no.

Regards
    Why buy something just to test it? Can't you change the video player on that rapsberry pi 4b?

I live in Argentina, and our currency is crap; if we don't spend our money this month, it'll be worth even less next month. Having a free Raspberry Pi is always useful for quick projects. I'm pretty sure that I can't change the video player in LibreElec (Kodi).
    Last edited by EloyFarina; 21st Feb 2024 at 17:36.
    Quote Quote