VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello friends, we need help, I bought a second-hand Canopus dvx-e1 card at a flea market, but I didn't get the drivers, so I'm wondering if there is still somewhere to download the drivers. I'm using win10, but if necessary, I'll get an older machine just to run that card. I also have a Canopus advc 110, but I don't have drivers for it either, and would it work on win10 when I connect it to firewire, the blue LED lights up, but I don't see it in windows. The firewire card is correct, as is the cable, when I connect the dv player to the card, sony immediately finds it and it is visible in the device manager, but the advc110 is not visible in the device manager.Image
    [Attachment 77063 - Click to enlarge]
    https://youtu.be/C7ayxV_0eko
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Firstly, I am not familiar with a Canopus dvx-e1 but a quick Google reveals several sources for drivers. The one I looked more closely stated that they were only 32bit and (given from that link) that drivers were dated 2003 would hardly qualify for compatablity in Win10 (althought that link stated they would)

Canopus 110 (as with others) does NOT have specific drivers. The OS, as long as it supports DV, will have its own drivers that 'drive' the card or directly from the MB. That being said, Win10 removed support for DV (iee1394) and one must use Win8 legacy drivers.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Firstly, I am not familiar with a Canopus dvx-e1 but a quick Google reveals several sources for drivers. The one I looked more closely stated that they were only 32bit and (given from that link) that drivers were dated 2003 would hardly qualify for compatablity in Win10 (althought that link stated they would)

Canopus 110 (as with others) does NOT have specific drivers. The OS, as long as it supports DV, will have its own drivers that 'drive' the card or directly from the MB. That being said, Win10 removed support for DV (iee1394) and one must use Win8 legacy drivers.
    For me, firewire works normally under windows 10. When I plug in the Sony DSR-30P, windows recognizes it and I see it in the device manager, and when I plug in the Canopus advc110, nothing happens and I don't see it in the device manager, but the blue LED on it lights up, so I can see that it's getting power. If I were to add an additional power supply to it, would I then go to the device manager because maybe it is weak because it receives power via firewire.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Those two lights on the front have nothing to do with power.

If you connect the ADVC to your PC with a 4 pin DV cable you MUST use an external power supply. And even with a 6 pin cable there may not be sufficient power for the unit. Always best to use an appropiate external psu - I do have that option since my ADVC 300 demands an external psu.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Those two lights on the front have nothing to do with power.

If you connect the ADVC to your PC with a 4 pin DV cable you MUST use an external power supply. And even with a 6 pin cable there may not be sufficient power for the unit. Always best to use an appropiate external psu - I do have that option since my ADVC 300 demands an external psu.
    I connected it to pin 6, but the PC doesn't see it, but I can see that it gets power, and when I connect it to pin 4, it doesn't get power. I will get an external 5v power supply these days.
    Quote Quote