VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a friend, less skilled than me , who is working on a video which was captured a long time ago (tape no longer available). He/we want to remove the magenta halo along the left edges of the white(ish) objects such as the sleeves. I've had a go with Chromashift moving CR to the left 7 pixels which wasn't bad (still a bit smudgy, and the red chest badge ended up with a red splodge on it's left) but I'm wondering if there are any better solutions, VDub, AVISynth or otherwise, to clean this edging halo.

As you can see, the sections with the bright white light are mostly affected so I assume the same code could be applied to each bright section. I'll do the legwork in that regard.

I've attached a snip of it as an MP4 as that is the format I received it and I thought you'll be able to see more of the video. The whole file is ~650MB

Any thoughts or suggestions from the floor would be very much appreciated.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you look at the video closer there's also haloing along the left,right and top borders,i would leave it alone.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. This helps a little:

Code:
    LWLibavVideoSource("Concert Snip.mp4") 
    ConvertToYV24()
    Tweak(sat=3.0)

u = UtoY().aWarpSharp2(depth=10)
    v = VtoY().aWarpSharp2(depth=10)

# shift u and v differently
    u = Overlay(u, u, x=3, y=0)
    v = Overlay(v, v, x=-9, y=-3)

# recombine u and v with the original y
    YtoUV(u, v, last)
    I think there's something else wrong too. Maybe leakage of luma into the chroma. No time to analyze now.
    Last edited by jagabo; 12th Feb 2024 at 17:54.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anybody have any tips for minimising the black comets along the microphone stand? I tried with Neat Video but wasn't completely successful.

Originally Posted by Jagabo
    This helps a little:
    Sorry, thanks for that. The Chromashift filter from JPSDR works well for moving the red/pink/magenta edge on the first attachment so I'll stick with that. It would be good to lower the overall red smudge though eg on this attachment's man's shirt.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote