VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi so I've been using a JVC S2902U with a DMR ES15 DVD Recorder going to another recorder which is the Magnavox mwr10d6 (On a budget so this is all I can afford at the moment). All of the settings for the ES15 and JVC VCR players I have followed from the posts of this forum so they are configured to what is recommended. The majority of the footage is fine, but there are certain points in which theres a small drop out which causes fuzzy lines and then a blue screen. I've cleaned inside the VCR thoroughly, I have another VCR that also shows the same thing at the same spots. Could it be degradation of the tapes? They are old at and I was wondering if theres possibly anyway to fix them. I've attached about 5 samples of pictures and videos. Thank you for the help!
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sample 2.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	76946  

Click image for larger version

Name:	sample 4.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	76947  

Click image for larger version

Name:	sample 5.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	76948  

Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Those are tape dropouts due to damage, wear or problem with the bonding of the magnetic layer. Some VCRs are better than others in reducing the noise using the VCR's DOC (drop out compensation) circuit but cannot be 100% eliminated. You can try a software approach, it could be better but no magic here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yeah I had figured there was something going on as this tape is 30 years old by now so its likely to happen. What would be the best software approach?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Script software or Hybrid, Some members can help on this but don't expect miracles.
    Quote Quote