VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

I still have a much used old pc with an Intel Core i7-2600K on ASUS P8Z77-V mobo, running Windows 7 64 bit. Which version of x265.exe - 64 bit would you recommend?

Reason I'm asking is latest version of StaxRip threw me an error. Replacing SR native's with x265 "Product version 3.5+104-1634ada16" (from MeGUI) did the trick. Though it made me wondering if newer/better versions for my cpu would be available.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The x265 is quite mature product at this moment, so don't expect any really noticeable improvements of quality/speed in newer versions, it's just minor bugfixes.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would upgrade my pc which i did,i had a 2600k and it was the best cpu back then but newer ones are 10x faster.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do realize the pc is dated, if not ancient. Already planning to build a new one, I'd like to keep it alongside though.

Thanks for your replies, guys.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You may realize a performance benefit by using a version of x265 tuned for your cpu. It looks like your cpu has AVX extensions but StaxRip bundles the Mod-by-Patman AVX2 version, which your cpu can't run. If you want to use that mod, there is an AVX version you could try.

https://github.com/Patman86/x265-Mod-by-Patman/releases
    PB
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks autodidact, will try this out.
    Quote Quote