VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    What screen you get when you click on device setting on the Pinnacle 700-USB?
    I get this:
    [Attachment 76963 - Click to enlarge]

Here are the video standard settings:

[Attachment 76964 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Is there a reason why you are not capturing audio through the 700-USB? Try it just in case, Sometimes lack or presence of audio affects framerate timing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for that clip. There is, for some reason, a variance between video length and audio length.
    Would it be possible to do another sample. This time using the vcr but with actual sound - an actor talking.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Is there a reason why you are not capturing audio through the 700-USB? Try it just in case, Sometimes lack or presence of audio affects framerate timing.
    I am capturing audio externally since Pinnacle drivers kinda suck and you can't get audio to work outside of Pinnacle's own propietary software.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Well that could be your problem, but just try for test purposes and see it the frame rate changes.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Well that could be your problem, but just try for test purposes and see it the frame rate changes.
    The thing is, if i select the Pinnacle audio, AmaRec crashes. I tried with other capture cards so the framerate problem is not exclusive to the Pinancle.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Are you capturing audio internally with other capture cards? or externally? Try internally with all capture cards.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Are you capturing audio internally with other capture cards? or externally? Try internally with all capture cards.
    With the other capture cards i used the internal audio capture (the audio in on the capture card itself)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Well, I don't know what else to think of, I don't use AmarecTV so I wouldn't know what setting could cause this, but it sure seems like AmarecTV problem.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try deleting the AmarecTV.ini file from your AmarecTV folder and restart it.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Try deleting the AmarecTV.ini file from your AmarecTV folder and restart it.
    I tried it, still the same problem. I've also tried redownloading Amarec but still i have the same problem.
    Quote Quote  
  12. *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VirtualDub and OBS work fine and record the real framerate. Just that i can't really use VDub because of small preview
    If VirtualVCR doesn't work for you, open AmarecTV to set up whatever you're setting up on the preview screen, eg ProcAmp settings, then close it and use VirtualDub to actually capture.

I'm surprised though that the VDub preview screen is too "small"; it's still 720x480 pixels, which should be big enough, even on a 2k laptop screen to see what you're doing, adjustments-wise. In any case, you should really only be setting the Brightness and Contrast, and nothing else, for the actual capture.
    Quote Quote  
  14. At least on virtualdub2 you can make the preview larger with the "stretch to window" option in the video menu. Don't remember if it's available in the old version.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Oln
    At least on virtualdub2 you can make the preview larger with the "stretch to window" option in the video menu.
    Available also in 1.9.11. I didn't know that.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    You can never get a full quality monitor from the capture software window regardless of its size, if the OP is anal about monitoring he should get an external display panel, I think the 700-USB has an analog output.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    VirtualVCR worked. I kinda just gave up on it and use VDub.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    I guess i'll try reinstalling windows.
    Quote Quote