VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. HumanViewer
    Search Comp PM
    I have build ffmpeg v6.0 for my server ubuntu 22.04 LTS with the gpu tesla t4, but the binary ffmpeg cannot found the filter overlay_cuda. It's normal to use nvenc encodec and cuvid decodec.
    Run the command:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -h -filter=overlay_cuda
    it outputs error message:
    Code:
    Unknown filter 'overlay_cuda'.
    Here is my compile ffmpeg configure:
    Code:
    PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig" \
    ./configure \
    --enable-cuda \
    --enable-cuvid \
    --enable-nvdec \
    --enable-nvenc \
    --enable-nonfree \
    --enable-libnpp \
    --nvcc='/usr/local/cuda/bin/nvcc' \
    --extra-cflags='-I/usr/local/cuda/include' \
    --extra-ldflags='-L/usr/local/cuda/lib64' \
    --enable-opencl \
    --enable-shared \
    --enable-gpl \
    --enable-nonfree
    I wonder there are any options about cuda filter missing?
    Quote Quote  
  2. HumanViewer
    Search Comp PM
    Additionally, my nvidia driver is 525.147.05, cuda tool kit verison is 12.0, and the nv-codec-headers is release sdk/12.0.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Not sure whether it helps, but:

a.
    Code:
    ffmpeg.exe --help filter=overlay_cuda
    returns:
    Code:
    Filter overlay_cuda
      Overlay one video on top of another using CUDA
        Inputs:
           #0: main (video)
           #1: overlay (video)
        Outputs:
           #0: default (video)
    overlay_cuda AVOptions:
       x                 <string>     ..FV....... set the x expression of overlay (default "0")
       y                 <string>     ..FV....... set the y expression of overlay (default "0")
       eof_action        <int>        ..FV....... Action to take when encountering EOF from secondary input  (from 0 to 2) (default repeat)
         repeat          0            ..FV....... Repeat the previous frame.
         endall          1            ..FV....... End both streams.
         pass            2            ..FV....... Pass through the main input.
       eval              <int>        ..FV....... specify when to evaluate expressions (from 0 to 1) (default frame)
         init            0            ..FV....... eval expressions once during initialization
         frame           1            ..FV....... eval expressions per-frame
       shortest          <boolean>    ..FV....... force termination when the shortest input terminates (default false)
       repeatlast        <boolean>    ..FV....... repeat overlay of the last overlay frame (default true)

framesync AVOptions:
       eof_action        <int>        ..FV....... Action to take when encountering EOF from secondary input  (from 0 to 2) (default repeat)
         repeat          0            ..FV....... Repeat the previous frame.
         endall          1            ..FV....... End both streams.
         pass            2            ..FV....... Pass through the main input.
       shortest          <boolean>    ..FV....... force termination when the shortest input terminates (default false)
       repeatlast        <boolean>    ..FV....... extend last frame of secondary streams beyond EOF (default true)
       ts_sync_mode      <int>        ..FV....... How strictly to sync streams based on secondary input timestamps (from 0 to 1) (default default)
         default         0            ..FV....... Frame from secondary input with the nearest lower or equal timestamp to the primary input frame
         nearest         1            ..FV....... Frame from secondary input with the absolute nearest timestamp to the primary input frame
    with my builds from using https://github.com/m-ab-s/media-autobuild_suite for Windows so looking at how they build stuff might help.

and
    2. The call also works with the builds I compile for Hybrid on Ubuntu 22.04 using https://github.com/Selur/HybridDeploy/blob/master/build-tools.sh

Cu Selur
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote