VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I simpley does not give me the option to when I try and open a script. I see the installer exe file and the uninstaller exe file but I can't find the actual program. Wtf am I doing wrong or am I missing something basic. I have looked in the file folder but still can't find the program.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Avisynth doesn't have an "actual program". It runs in the background and you use a host program such
    as vdub2 or AvsPmod to load/test the scripts.
    Once the script is producing results to your liking you can encode to a new video using vdub2, ffmpeg and others
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by INeedEJ View Post
    I simpley does not give me the option to when I try and open a script. I see the installer exe file and the uninstaller exe file but I can't find the actual program. Wtf am I doing wrong or am I missing something basic. I have looked in the file folder but still can't find the program.
    Hi, if it is an exe file similar to the ffmpeg.exe which is sort of an 'binary' exe file, it is intended to use it from within an program such as Avanti, and from here locate the AviSynth exe file so the program can use it with the AviSynth functions that is within the acctual program that can handle the AviSynth binary exe... Theese programs are called FFMpeg GUI's, same thing goes for dvdauthor.exe for example, basicly you need an DVD Author GUI and if it is not included an dvdauthor binary exe you must allso download the dvdauthor.exe binary and either locate it (and add the path to the binary exe) from within the GUI or sometimes just put it inside the installation folder of the GUI for FFMpeg/AviSynth/Dvd author.. Sometimes the binary is included, sometimes it is not..

If using for example Avanti+FFMpeg Essentials (v.6.0) this is the message im getting 'Found valid FFmpeg/AviSynth combo (AviSynth options enabled).' (ive added the ffmpeg.exe binary into the ffmpeg folder in the installation directory of Avanti, i think if using an non AviSynt compitable FFMpeg can allso add an AviSynth binary to the Avanti folder).

Edit: From here then schould be able to open the script!
    Last edited by Swedaniel; 6th Feb 2024 at 16:11.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by INeedEJ
    I simpley does not give me the option to when I try and open a script.
    What exact point are you at? Do you have an AVS file? The AVS file is your script.

Originally Posted by Swedaniel
    Hi, if it is an exe file similar to the ffmpeg.exe which is sort of an 'binary' exe file, it is intended to use it from within an program such as Avanti, and from here locate the AviSynth exe file so the program can use it with the AviSynth functions that is within the acctual program that can handle the AviSynth binary exe...
    AVISynth does not run like ffmpeg. All your suggestions are basically incorrect. If you don't use it, I suggest you don't make suggestions on how to.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Oh btw, from within Avanti you can allso add the path to AviSynth plugins and, for this im using the path to Video to Video's avi synth plugins and for the FEQ presets im using the included avsplugins eq presets folders that is included with Avanti.. and for the FFmpeg presets im using the included ffpresets within ffmpeg folder in Avanti directory, plus this i just added an separate FFmpeg v.6.0 essentials binary exe into the FFMpeg folder in Avanti directory, i can create and open avi synth scripts from here atleast! All can be downloaded here on VideoHelp, but im not sure if FFMpeg Essentials v.6.0 can be downloaded here tough!

Edit: Probably what you have installed as AviSynth can be located allso from within Avanti or any other GUI that can handle AviSynth, ive never downloaded AviSynth, apparently i had been clever a while back an located the Video to Video converter AviSynth path and forgotten about it, sorry for the confusion!

Edit: If you want to use Avanti for your AviSynth tasks, you can allso add the FFPlay.exe binary into the FFMpeg folder in the Avanti directory to get the built in video player to function, this FFPlay.exe binary is included with the FFMpeg Essentials v.6.0 download package making it possible to use within Avanti for quick filter previews! (Same thing here since FFPlay.exe is an binary must use it/add the path to the ffplay.exe within the FFMpeg GUI such as Avanti that will use the binary exe file set you up with an built in video player, when it come to Avanti you just put the .exe binary into the FFMpeg folder of the Avanti drectory).

If you get confused about what the FFProbe.exe is doing in the package if you decide to download FFMpeg, the Avanti program atleast does not appear to be using FFprobe, just skip add it to the folder! Some FFMpeg GUI's require it tough so if using an other gui then you must add the FFProbe.exe allso together with the FFMpeg.exe! As it is obvious aswell allso, still im mentioning, if the FFMpeg GUI does not have an built in video player function such as the one that Avanti have that rely on the FFPlay.exe binary, there is no need to add the FFplay.exe binary to the installation folder, i think allso you can use Avanti without the FFPlay.exe but the built in video player for quick filter previews wont be working!
    Last edited by Swedaniel; 6th Feb 2024 at 20:26.
    Quote Quote