VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I tried compressing jp2 and j2k files into a pdf file in Adobe Acrobat, but it won't work. How do I fix that? Also, when compressing BMP and PCX to PDF on it, does it convert them to other formats before compressing it?
    [Attachment 76780 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by Mr. Fanservice; 4th Feb 2024 at 12:42.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Mr. Fanservice View Post
    I tried compressing jp2 and j2k files into a pdf file in Adobe Acrobat, but it won't work. How do I fix that?
    For ffmpeg jpeg2000 , you need -format j2k to make it compatible for Adobe . Adobe's jpeg2000 encoder offers higher compression than ffmpeg's jpeg2000 encoder , but filesizes will be smaller if you use j2k or jpf outside of the PDF, because PDF container adds overhead

But if you're using lossless 8bit RGB input, you can use PNG and it will produce the same results, if you use the same settings for the output

Also, when compressing BMP and PCX to PDF on it, does it convert them to other formats before compressing it?
    It depends on the settings used in Acrobat. By default it will be jpeg lossy (medium), you can change it . Lossy jpeg is usually the default for everything
    Quote Quote