VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Do BMP and TIFF support YUV?

Also, in ffmpeg, what the command line for getting information on an encoder or codec? When I use it and Shutter Encoder make png files, they are 48bit instead of 24bit. How do I fix that?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Mr. Fanservice View Post
    Do BMP and TIFF support YUV?
    BMP does not , TIFF support some YUV pixel types

Also, in ffmpeg, what the command line for getting information on an encoder or codec?
    Code:
    ffmpeg -h encoder=blah
    where "blah" is the encoder . It will also tell you want pixel types are supported

When I use it and Shutter Encoder make png files, they are 48bit instead of 24bit. How do I fix that?
    Not sure about shutter encoder, but in ffmpeg you can use -vf format=rgb24 . If you're converting from YUV video, you might want to control the YUV to RGB conversion with zscale ,otherwise you might get the wrong conversion, wrong colors. There are some previous threads on this with examples, use search
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by Mr. Fanservice View Post

Also, in ffmpeg, what the command line for getting information on an encoder or codec?
    Code:
    ffmpeg -h encoder=blah
    where "blah" is the encoder . It will also tell you want pixel types are supported

When I use it and Shutter Encoder make png files, they are 48bit instead of 24bit. How do I fix that?
    Not sure about shutter encoder, but in ffmpeg you can use -vf format=rgb24 . If you're converting from YUV video, you might want to control the YUV to RGB conversion with zscale ,otherwise you might get the wrong conversion, wrong colors. There are some previous threads on this with examples, use search
    Does TIFF support YUV 4:2:0, 4:2:2, and 4:4:4?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Mr. Fanservice View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post

Code:
    ffmpeg -h encoder=blah

You can check it yourself . 8bit YUV 420,422,444 are supported - these are yuv420p, yuv422p, yuv444p . The "p" stands for planar

Code:
    ffmpeg -h encoder=tiff
    Encoder tiff [TIFF image]:
    General capabilities: dr1 threads
    Threading capabilities: frame
    Supported pixel formats: rgb24 rgb48le pal8 rgba rgba64le gray ya8 gray16le ya16le monob monow yuv420p yuv422p yuv440p yuv444p yuv410p yuv411p
    TIFF encoder AVOptions:
    -dpi <int> E..V....... set the image resolution (in dpi) (from 1 to 65536) (default 72)
    -compression_algo <int> E..V....... (from 1 to 32946) (default packbits)
    packbits 32773 E..V.......
    raw 1 E..V.......
    lzw 5 E..V.......
    deflate 32946 E..V.......
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post

Code:
    ffmpeg -h encoder=blah

You can check it yourself . 8bit YUV 420,422,444 are supported - these are yuv420p, yuv422p, yuv444p . The "p" stands for planar

Code:
    ffmpeg -h encoder=tiff
    Encoder tiff [TIFF image]:
    General capabilities: dr1 threads
    Threading capabilities: frame
    Supported pixel formats: rgb24 rgb48le pal8 rgba rgba64le gray ya8 gray16le ya16le monob monow yuv420p yuv422p yuv440p yuv444p yuv410p yuv411p
    TIFF encoder AVOptions:
    -dpi <int> E..V....... set the image resolution (in dpi) (from 1 to 65536) (default 72)
    -compression_algo <int> E..V....... (from 1 to 32946) (default packbits)
    packbits 32773 E..V.......
    raw 1 E..V.......
    lzw 5 E..V.......
    deflate 32946 E..V.......
    It doesn't support 10bit YUV?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Mr. Fanservice View Post

10bit YUV is not on the list for ffmpeg TIFF support . 10bit420 would look like "yuv420p10le" in the supported pixel format list

Maybe other non ffmpeg TIFF implementations support it , not sure
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post

10bit YUV is not on the list for ffmpeg TIFF support . 10bit420 would look like "yuv420p10le" in the supported pixel format list

Maybe other non ffmpeg TIFF implementations support it , not sure
    Like what?
    Quote Quote