VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When I use mkvtoolnix GUI the subtitles are not on the new file. I have updated the MKVTOOLNIX. Also, the subtitles are embedded in the file. This has never happened before.

Usually, I will select English, then default-no.

How do I fix ths?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you see the sub in the original mkv using mkvmerge?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well, after using mkvmerge the sub is not on the duplicate.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    That didn't answer my question,can you see the sub in the original video when opened with mkvmerge.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jarod1005 View Post
    When I use mkvtoolnix GUI the subtitles are not on the new file.
    Also, the subtitles are embedded in the file.
    I think the subtitles are correctly being muxed in the mkv. And I here wonder if OP would mean that a player doesn't show them, also because of

Originally Posted by jarod1005 View Post
    Usually, I will select English, then default-no.
    In which case it may help to instead mux the subtitles with Default set to "yes". If that wouldn't help, player's settings of "default subtitle language" and/or even "GUI language" can dictate to not show them. Using the remote's subtitle button, or - when on pc - in player's GUI manually selecting the subtitles, then will help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Make sure the sub is both 'enabled' and made 'default'. Open the header editor and check. Also a simple check use MediaInfo for the presence of an independent subtitle.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  7. The only options I have for this are default track and track enabled. They are listed under subtitle track 3. I changed the new value to yes, but there were no subtitles after the mux.
    Quote Quote