VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I seriously need help. I have a Panasonic NV-HS860, and recently it stopped working. I opened it up and found out that one of the plastic gears had teeth missing. I found missing teeth lying around and also one unattached spring. I ordered a new gear and installed it. I also guessed the placement of the spring and attached it back.

The player now loads tapes correctly, but it won't play them. The motor is spinning; the tape is spinning, but there is no image, and it cannot be stopped, rewinded, or ejected. The time is going too fast. I got the image once, for like five seconds. Ejecting the tape is a big problem; the eject button is not working, but the tape is ejected on its own after some time. It is spinning even after I power down the player.

I attached a video with this problem and some photos of old gear and the position of the spring so anyone can tell if it is in the right place.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0222.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	76714  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0223.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	76715  

Name:	IMG_0226.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	76716  

Name:	IMG_0227.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	4.24 MB
ID:	76717  

Name:	IMG_0228.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	76718  

Name:	IMG_0229.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	76719  

Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you checked the Timing on the gears ? There are timing marks (Little arrows) on all gears, also holes that should line up with holes made on the chassis

Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHOE6pYKgho
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. I did not, but I checked them right now, and it looks to me that they are aligned properly.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0230.jpeg
Views:	35
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	76727  

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does this chassis use rubber belts?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, it does. I disassembled it and assembled it again, and it works now. Maybe there was some misalignment with the control ring.
    Quote Quote