VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How to get rid of audio crackling from stretched audio (PAL TO NTSC with pitch correction). The original source file is not available, is it still possible to get rid of the audio crackling and have it back in it's original speed (PAL)?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can try and reduce the crackle then change the speed
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    You can try and reduce the crackle then change the speed
    But how would one be able to do something like that?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any audio editor. For example the free program Audacity has pitch and tempo filters to adjust the speed.
    There are some noise reduction filters to try also.

For further assistance post a sample, at least 30 second that shows the problem
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Any audio editor. For example the free program Audacity has pitch and tempo filters to adjust the speed.
    There are some noise reduction filters to try also.

For further assistance post a sample, at least 30 second that shows the problem
    Here's the audio. You can hear that it crackles every second or so
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately the feedback in Audacity regarding it's effects/noise/click removal is kind of poor,
    it doesn't tell you how many clicks were removed, nor does it let you listen to just the clicks.

I can't really hear it with my setup, I would run some tests, turn the threshold down to about 100 or lower and see if it's
    removing the noise.

There is also a program called WaveCor that may be a good alternative. It was recently updated and is freeware
    https://wavecor.co.uk/
    Last edited by davexnet; 6th Feb 2024 at 15:47.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Pickles302 View Post
    Is that the source before the stretch? I'm not hearing crackles.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Unfortunately the feedback in Audacity regarding it's effects/noise/click removal is kind of poor,
    it doesn't tell you how many clicks were removed, nor does it let you listen to just the clicks.

I can't really hear it with my setup, I would run some tests, turn the threshold down to about 100 or lower and see if it's
    removing the noise.

There is also a program called WaveCor that may be a good alternative. It was recently updated and is freeware
    https://wavecor.co.uk/
    Thanks, I'll give it a try!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by Pickles302 View Post
    Is that the source before the stretch? I'm not hearing crackles.
    This is the source audio with the stretch. The crackles aren't really clear, but you can notice them.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm still not hearing anything wrong. Though there are lots of ambient noises in the background (cars driving around, footsteps, etc.) Are you sure you don't have a playback problem?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I'm still not hearing anything wrong. Though there are lots of ambient noises in the background (cars driving around, footsteps, etc.) Are you sure you don't have a playback problem?
    Here's a quick example. The third squeaking noise sounds different, like if the audio glitched/stuttered
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote