VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've tried to register at opensubtitles and am getting wrong password etc. I will have a unique subtitle for a film they list. But entry to the site just has too many capchas and hoops to jump through. I had a long password generated for their upload "department" some time ago and that seems to no longer work. Can't re-register because my email would be the same. I've gone through this too many times with circular arguments and websites: you can't get there from here.

Is Subscene any better?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try addic7ed for shows and Subscene for movies,it's much better than opensubtitles and you dont need to use a password at either site.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Try addic7ed for shows and Subscene for movies,it's much better than opensubtitles and you dont need to use a password at either site.
    Thanks for the tips. I mention open substitles b/c they show the name of the film and so one would think adding
    a sub that is original (line by line from dialog) would not be so tedious.

I'm not familiar with addic7ed. More for the future.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Thanks for the tips. I mention open substitles b/c they show the name of the film and so one would think adding
    a sub that is original (line by line from dialog) would not be so tedious.

I'm not familiar with addic7ed. More for the future.
    please give the direct url to Subscene ( .org or .com? ) I tried just loading the phrase subscene in firefox and it gave a suggestion. That suggestion went to some unrelated re-direct page and that went nowhere. I don't understand why any of these subtitle orgs have so much gatekeeping going on.

addic7ed looked too spare to use at all. What are these places thinking works for first time users?

My goal is: find the title of a known DVD/bluray then request to add a previously unmade subtitle (not counting AI word salad) for that video. Subs I've made from source material like books of the text have been for a private archive of plays for theatre. I haven't looked for something with an IMDb code before for this purpose.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's .com.Also use the quick search at addic7,unless your browser is at fault there's tons of subs their
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    It's .com.
    alright. It's not like I've never tried to do my own on this. I'm looking at my (paper) note on a subscene password I got some long time ago now.

Will see if that works.

[Edit] I have succeeded in opening up my account at subscene and asked my question about how to
    add a subtitle for The Man In The Glass Booth. (1975) They show a couple of entries under which I should be able to upload an entry for it. That's a way off yet.
    Last edited by loninappleton; 29th Jan 2024 at 15:31.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can still download from open subtitles using their .com site. The .org site requires registration.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  8. I fotgot to close this out. I did post the completed subtitle at subscene.

thanks for the assistance.
    Quote Quote