VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Got a used Sony Handycam DCR-DVD403E, complete in the original box, all the paperwork, accessories carrying bag, etc... The most important part of this being the 2 batteries that came included (an NP-FP70 and the longer-lastic NP-FP90), as well as an AC adapter so that I can get it running plugged to the wall with no batteries.

The batteries are charged and recognized by the camcorder (it has a little battery symbol when it turns on, only when batteries are inserted), yet the camcorder cannot, for some reason, run on battery power. It shuts off whenever I unplug the AC Adapter.

Thought it could be a problem with the batteries, since they might be pretty old. Bought a new battery, arrived today, same exact issue (even after a full charge!)

Safe to say it's a problem with the camcorder itself, and I'd like to know what can I do about this. I could just give up on it but the camera's really cool and now there's money I just wasted so I won't give up easily.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Maybe it's a feature not a bug, I've known very few camcorders that cannot run on battery and charger at the same time.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    D43, It turns off when they unplug the AC adapter.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by daleko View Post
    Got a used Sony Handycam DCR-DVD403E, complete in the original box, all the paperwork, accessories carrying bag, etc... The most important part of this being the 2 batteries that came included (an NP-FP70 and the longer-lastic NP-FP90), as well as an AC adapter so that I can get it running plugged to the wall with no batteries.

The batteries are charged and recognized by the camcorder (it has a little battery symbol when it turns on, only when batteries are inserted), yet the camcorder cannot, for some reason, run on battery power. It shuts off whenever I unplug the AC Adapter.

Thought it could be a problem with the batteries, since they might be pretty old. Bought a new battery, arrived today, same exact issue (even after a full charge!)

Safe to say it's a problem with the camcorder itself, and I'd like to know what can I do about this. I could just give up on it but the camera's really cool and now there's money I just wasted so I won't give up easily.
    see the pdf guide here page 88 - https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/W000/W0002842M.pdf
    see if you have the automatic shutoff set to off
    Quote Quote