VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to set up FFMPEG to send out an RTSP stream as a server, so that FFMPEG listens for an incoming connection from an RTSP client, and upon connection sends video to that client. I can't find anything about how to do this on the internet. The only things that I can find are how to use FFMPEG to receive a stream from another server, or how to have FFMPEG act as a stream source client to send video to a third party server (FFMPEG acts as a client to connect to server and stream video to server, and then the person wanting to view the video uses a normal RTSP viewing client to watch the video from the server). But this requires the server to be some other software, and it's a midpoint in the stream (total number of points in the system is 3). I want to use FFMPEG as the source endpoint of the stream, and be a server (so there's only 2 points in the system, source server and viewing client), so that the client will connect directly to FFMPEG to view the stream (the video content will be a live stream from from a webcam).
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    I want to set up FFMPEG to send out an RTSP stream as a server, so that FFMPEG listens for an incoming connection from an RTSP client, and upon connection sends video to that client. I can't find anything about how to do this on the internet. The only things that I can find are how to use FFMPEG to receive a stream from another server, or how to have FFMPEG act as a stream source client to send video to a third party server (FFMPEG acts as a client to connect to server and stream video to server, and then the person wanting to view the video uses a normal RTSP viewing client to watch the video from the server). But this requires the server to be some other software, and it's a midpoint in the stream (total number of points in the system is 3). I want to use FFMPEG as the source endpoint of the stream, and be a server (so there's only 2 points in the system, source server and viewing client), so that the client will connect directly to FFMPEG to view the stream (the video content will be a live stream from from a webcam).
    try here - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26999595/what-steps-are-needed-to-stream-rtsp-from-ffmpeg
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    I can't find anything about how to do this on the internet. The only things that I can find are how to use FFMPEG to receive a stream from another server
    Hey, if cant find anything on the internet, maybe the RealMedia with Variable Bitrate (.rmvb) + Helix Server can hep you out, there is some free stuff to get ahold of, both for producing RealMedia with variable bitrate and look like an Helix Server can be obtained for free allso!

I think with that you can broadcast/stream using the rtsp!

Edit: Ellse if you're using an webcam maybe the FFMpegGUI can help, it got some RTSP stuff and capture from directshow devices and such stuff, untested from my part, still just looking into the RealMedia thing + Helix server myself so maybe cant get the camera going there i dont know!
    Last edited by Swedaniel; 26th Jan 2024 at 10:07.
    Quote Quote  
  4. October262's link looks very good
    However if you would like stream to Youtube (RTMP) you can use this

https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/infrared-bird-box/10
    Quote Quote