VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all.

Can anyone suggest a simple, quick, way/program to remove moving objects/people or parts of moving objects/people? Something like simply drawing a rectangle around the object/area and the program does the rest.

It doesn't have to yield 'perfect' results. I don't mind shadows, slight blurring, etc.

I have searched the net and Synaptic (in PCLOS) but couldn't find anything. I would prefer a PC based solution and not an online tool that has limitations on file size, etc, and is slow.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Hi all.

Can anyone suggest a simple, quick, way/program to remove moving objects/people or parts of moving objects/people? Something like simply drawing a rectangle around the object/area and the program does the rest.

It doesn't have to yield 'perfect' results. I don't mind shadows, slight blurring, etc.

I have searched the net and Synaptic (in PCLOS) but couldn't find anything. I would prefer a PC based solution and not an online tool that has limitations on file size, etc, and is slow.

Thanks.
    there's this program here called video-object-removal - https://github.com/zllrunning/video-object-removal
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi october262.

Thanks for the reply.

See a screenshot of a question I posted on the forums at the PCLOS website exactly three weeks ago! Haha.

[Attachment 76392 - Click to enlarge]

I was of the impression that only software from Synaptic should be installed and for some reason, I also thought that this was still a project and not completed yet.

Would the instructions provided to install on Ubuntu be exactly the same for PCLOS?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote