VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I haven't messed around with bluray copying in a number of years but I have several blurays that I'd like to have the encryption removed to where I can make a one-to-one full copy of the entire bluray to another blank bluray disc.

I already have software to copy the bluray discs or to burn a bluray from an ISO file. My only concern/need at this point is the encryption removal.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bmccollum View Post
    I haven't messed around with bluray copying in a number of years but I have several blurays that I'd like to have the encryption removed to where I can make a one-to-one full copy of the entire bluray to another blank bluray disc.

I already have software to copy the bluray discs or to burn a bluray from an ISO file. My only concern/need at this point is the encryption removal.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    3 programs come to mind - dvdfab - anydvd - makemkv
    both dvdfab & anydvd offer a 30 day free trial and after the 30 days you can purchase the programs if you wish.
    makemkv is free
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Makemkv is the best program to use.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It doesn't look though like the MakeMKV program allows for an exact duplication of the bluray onto a new/empty bluray, right? I'm not wanting to just extract the files/clips off of a bluray to play... I'm desiring for the encryption that's part of most blurays to be removed to where I can literally make an exact copy of the bluray onto a new/empty bluray. I've got an extensive bluray collection and am wanting to take some time to make 1:1 full copies of each bluray to have as backups in the event the original blurays become damaged and unplayable.
    Last edited by bmccollum; 19th Jan 2024 at 09:58.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Is Cinavia still an issue for all of them? Me too, haven't done this task for few years. The way I use to do it is have Slysoft running in the background and use IMGBurn to make an exact disc image of the disc content with all protections disabled, then copy the protection-free disc image back into a BD-R with the same size, Cinavia was never resolved back then, but only few discs had it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bmccollum View Post
    It doesn't look though like the MakeMKV program allows for an exact duplication of the bluray onto a new/empty bluray, right? I'm not wanting to just extract the files/clips off of a bluray to play... I'm desiring for the encryption that's part of most blurays to be removed to where I can literally make an exact copy of the bluray onto a new/empty bluray. I've got an extensive bluray collection and am wanting to take some time to make 1:1 full copies of each bluray to have as backups in the event the original blurays become damaged and unplayable.
    MakeMKV can be set up to both decrypt and copy files and folders from the Blu-ray to an HDD. If that succeeds, then the files and folders can be burned to BD+R DL media (most commercial Blu-ray releases are too large for BD-R) using ImgBurn or other similar software.

However, MakeMKV doesn't remove Cinavia if it is present. As I recall Slysoft's software doesn't remove it either but prevents it from being detected by software players that look for Cinavia.

[Edit]As I recall, when Cinavia is actually removed, the resulting audio sounds different and it's an unpleasant effect. I think that one of the Cinnavia removal software solutions finds a source for audio tracks that don't have Cinavia and substitutes them.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 19th Jan 2024 at 11:55.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Is Cinavia still an issue for all of them? Me too, haven't done this task for few years. The way I use to do it is have Slysoft running in the background and use IMGBurn to make an exact disc image of the disc content with all protections disabled, then copy the protection-free disc image back into a BD-R with the same size, Cinavia was never resolved back then, but only few discs had it.
    dvdfab has a tool to remove cinavia - https://www.dvdfab.cn/dvd-cinavia-removal.htm?trackid=headmenu2
    there is a list of titles that have been repaired - https://blog.dvdfab.cn/cinavia-protection.html
    just click under "reference lists" the titles highlighted in green are the ones than have been repaired.
    Quote Quote