VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Which tool or program (beside ffmpeg) makes lossless jxl files image sequences from videos? Is it really better than avif and heif/heic or any other lossless format because it has smaller file sizes?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Are you posting these online for folks to download? Cause if I saw that, I would be VERY reluctant to download something that was not in some common, convenient, standard format.

Sometimes a quality compromise in the name of compatibility is preferable.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Are you posting these online for folks to download? Cause if I saw that, I would be VERY reluctant to download something that was not in some common, convenient, standard format.

Sometimes a quality compromise in the name of compatibility is preferable.

Scott
    Well then, how do I get png files in kbs (less than 1 mb), then? Can Shutter Encoder make lossless webp files, or at least convert pngs into lossless webp files?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Those less than MB files you posted were not lossless.

Also 16bit RGB makes little sense if it is meant for viewing. In that case you just deliver 8bit, because that other party WILL see it only as 8bit on screen anyway. And you will know that the other party will see exactly what you see or create with much less space for an image.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If the resolution is large, sometimes perhaps you don't.

While it appears ffmpeg is one of the back ends of Shutter Encoder, it doesn't look like there is an option to customize its ffmpeg command line directly, and there is no gui option for webp that I can see.

So do it in 2 steps. Or perhaps just use ffmpeg command line.

Scott
    Quote Quote