VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a bunch of movies which are 1080p x265 mp4 files and they have 6 channel audio. I also have subtitle files for those movies. I need to completely remove the music and sound effects from those movies so I can accurately fix the timing of the lines in the subtitle files by using Aegisub. If the music and sound effects are gone then that means that only dialogue is left in the audio so the audio wavelength diagram is for the dialogue so I can easily set the start\end time by clicking on the audio wavelength diagram.

Can someone please tell me step by step how to remove all the music and sound effects from the movie file and I just keep the dialogue and what programs I have to use to do that?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cns00 View Post
    I have a bunch of movies which are 1080p x265 mp4 files and they have 6 channel audio. I also have subtitle files for those movies. I need to completely remove the music and sound effects from those movies so I can accurately fix the timing of the lines in the subtitle files by using Aegisub. If the music and sound effects are gone then that means that only dialogue is left in the audio so the audio wavelength diagram is for the dialogue so I can easily set the start\end time by clicking on the audio wavelength diagram.

Can someone please tell me step by step how to remove all the music and sound effects from the movie file and I just keep the dialogue and what programs I have to use to do that?

Thanks.
    You can use Spleeter by Deezer. You can keep only the dialogue (vocal, speech)
    https://github.com/deezer/spleeter
    Acoustica 7 by Acon Digital uses Spleeter. There is free trial.

When you have only the dialogue, consider using Whisper AI (Speech to Text). This will save you a lot of time trying to sync the timestamps with the speech.
    Quote Quote