VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    We would like to make an mp4 that contains highlights from 13 years of video we took of our family mostly focused on our children.

I converted everything to mp4 and have it all on a hard drive as well as a usb drive.

My wife wants to decide what goes into the final movie but she is not very technical. I am thinking of having her go through all the mp4s and write down the time stamps where she wants me to use footage. Then I can take her notes and put it together using some video editing software.

I used Moavi to video converter to convert everything I captured to mp4 so I was thinking of using their editing software but I haven't tried it yet.

I would appreciate any suggestions for an easy to use video editing software for Windows 11 that I can use to easily select portions of the clips on a timeline and also add music.

Also any general tips on things to avoid, things to do, that type of thing. I am new to this but I have done some simple video editing prior to this project.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are so many video editors available today I can't really tell you what is best for you to use.
    You can try DaVinci Resolve the free version for example.
    Magix has a lot of video editors and they offer a lot of deals with discounts if you give them your email address when you try any of the video editors with free trials.
    What I can suggest after you have a final video (hopefully NOT on a DVD or Blu-Ray) is to add subtitles of the dialogues in those videos. It is a big help to HOH people and children to understand better what is being said.
    Quote Quote