VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    I'm working on finding those 2 pixels...
    Hint: Use my commandline
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorted.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    @Pinoco, my TV will also not play anything above 3840x2160 (haven't worked out what the limiting value is yet).

Can your TV play the attached file (created using the technique in post #14)? I kept the bitrate down deliberately.

Revised attachment:
    hi. nope, my tv is not playing ur given file. will try and make my own using avidemux. last try at all this , otherwise i will use the ffmpeg batch av converter files with less quality!!! no choice!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. This was to be expected. Your TV does most likely not support the profile High@L6 as in Alwyn's example.
    Try with profile High@L5.1. The simple commandlines in post#3 (for 1920x1080) and #17 (for 3840x2160) will do it for you.
    (I know, I am probably just pissing into the wind.)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    @Alwyn
    nope. my tv is not playing avidemux files done with high@L5.1 .
    BTW as seen in this earlier post :
    [Attachment 76734 - Click to enlarge]

the 1st icon shows pillar boxes BUT there is no border or pixels in the actual width of the video. i.e. in mediainfo it shows, width: 3840 , height: 2160
    yet the thumbnails show padded icons (cinema reels). thus the video converters are actually down sizing my videos to maintain aspect ratio i.e. the actual moving area of vdeos is compressed/fitted inside the padding of 3840 total width. ALL the videos that are converted using ffmpeg batch converter are played by tv BUT none of them have added borders/pixels to their width. they all show as 3840 x 2160 in mediainfo. thus they are actutally down sized inside the padded area of the width of video.

final solution: will use ffmpeg batch av converter with LESS picture quality videos!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote