VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All,
    Looking for a bit of help with what my possible options may be. This is my 10th year using an app called One Second Everyday. I record videos on my android phone most days. Then after the year is over, I open the app, each day on the calendar will see any videos I recorded that day, I clip my 1 second, move to the next day. Apparently in July I accidentally switched my camera's video setting to record in 8k and the app won't support 8k clips. Is it possible to convert or edit all the videos and then re-import them to my phone so the app sees them as 4k?
    Thank you!!!
    Maria
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes it is. There are probably many methods including coding with FFMPEG, but for a GUI that works, Handbrake will batch-convert.

Open the folder that has the all the 8k videos in it (Folder(Batch Scan)button);

On the Dimensions tab, set the Resolution Limit to "2160P"

On the Video tab, set everything as you like; for Quality, use either RF (try 18 to start) or Bitrate (experiment, but at least 12000 for UHD)

Tools>Preferences>Output Files: set extension to Always use MP4, then Back

In the Save As box, browse to a folder to export your 2160 conversions into;

At the top, on the "Add to Queue" droplist, choose "Add All"

Click "Start Queue".
    Quote Quote