VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. anyone know what software and reciever i can watch live TV satellite on mac ( Eye TV, DVB Dream , fitnessTV ect.) and can you add biss feeds to watch channels ? I want to watch world feeds of tennis ATP .

[Attachment 76190 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 76191 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Green12387 View Post
    anyone know what software and reciever i can watch live TV satellite on mac ( Eye TV, DVB Dream , fitnessTV ect.) and can you add biss feeds to watch channels ? I want to watch world feeds of tennis ATP .

[Attachment 76190 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 76191 - Click to enlarge]
    see here - https://cordcutting.com/how-to-watch/live-tv-on-a-mac/
    Quote Quote  
  3. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    The OP is talking about satellite not usual cord cutting stuff that US residents are familiar with.

Usually there are FTA (free to air) and DVB PCIe cards and USB external dongles for Windows PC's that use Windows media center or proprietary playback/record software, but have no clue about Mac, best bet is ditch the computer and get a FTA receiver connected to TV and is capable of recording directly to an internal HDD or a USB flash drive.

There are few satellites with limited feeds but the one with the most free to air channels (mostly with foreign languages) is the Galaxy 19 at 97.0° West.
    Last edited by dellsam34; 14th Jan 2024 at 19:08. Reason: added a link
    Quote Quote  
  4. what is the best FTA receiver i can get for my UHD 4K TV ? I cant get satellite dish because i live in apartment building .
    Quote Quote  
  5. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    If you can't get a dish, you can't get satellite service, FTA or not. You can get IPTV services but I'm not familiar with that and you can't get help here anyway because most of it is illegal.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    The OP is talking about satellite not usual cord cutting stuff that US residents are familiar with.

Usually there are FTA (free to air) and DVB PCIe cards and USB external dongles for Windows PC's that use Windows media center or proprietary playback/record software, but have no clue about Mac, best bet is ditch the computer and get a FTA receiver connected to TV and is capable of recording directly to an internal HDD or a USB flash drive.

There are few satellites with limited feeds but the one with the most free to air channels (mostly with foreign languages) is the Galaxy 19 at 97.0° West.
    What are good FTA receivers that i can add channels to and biss feeds ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    If you can't get a dish, you can't get satellite service, FTA or not. You can get IPTV services but I'm not familiar with that and you can't get help here anyway because most of it is illegal.
    what about this do i need a dish using this for mac its eye tv tuner and antenna comes with it ?

https://shop.geniatech.us/product/mac-tv-tuner/

https://shop.geniatech.us/product/mac-tv-tuner/
    Quote Quote  
  8. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    That's for OTA (over the air) and cable free channels, Being in the US, it is highly likely there is no free cable channels, and OTA free channels are just some local TV stations, you don't get what you are looking for, Still requires an antenna for OTA but you can get away with an indoor antenna, albeit reception will be pour, therefore less channels, unless you happen to live very close to a TV tower.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok supposedly anything you get for biss is at best a gray area (at best) to discuss. the receivers are very costly too.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Subtitles View Post
    I have all this above for apple tv use , Tennis World Feeds are very good quality videos that i want to watch that are only available in satellite ,but are they also available in IPTV?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Even if it's available, you won't get the very good quality videos you're looking for on IPTV, Usually re-routed mp4 streams compressed to death to pass through 3rd party VPN. If you are passionate about satellite feeds you need to live in a place where you can get both the small KU band and the large C band dishes, make them motorized to scan for satellites, Depends on where you live, there is at least 50 satellites in north America that you can pick, some are spot beamed to an area so you can't get it even if it is on the sight of the disch.

I remember when I use to rent before I bought my house, I only move to where I can install a dish on the roof, I did my own installations though, I quite few years ago, the contents available are not worth my time.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dellsam34 ditto. did all installs myself and ran through a pc with dvbdream as a pvr. depending on the sports (wild feeds) he likes ku isnt even worth it anymore. Cband is where its at. ka at limited times may be something to look at. occasionally they leave the dish unencrypted. i liked it better when you had a few choices at ka, they left Bell Express View unencrypted as well. now that footprint is changed.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    From all the hardware I use to have the only thing still standing on my roof is a fixed Ku dish pointed at Galaxy 19 at 97.0° West for my wife to watch some of the international channels, that's about it.
    Quote Quote