VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. After doing all sort of tests, with both MPC-BE and PotPlayer, and all possible combinations of video decoders ( MPC, Built-in, LAV, etc ) and video renderers ( EVR, Direct3D 9 and 11, MadVR, MPC ) I *always* suffer from dropped frames in video playback if I have HAGS enabled ( Windows 11 23H2 Build 22631 ).

It's specially noticeable when using motion interpolation software like DmitriRender.
    Video playback is ok when HAGS is disabled.

I would turn that crap off permanently, but you are FORCED to enable it if you want to use DLSS3 Frame Generation, like I need to do to be able to play Alan Wake 2 smoothly.
    To enable or disable HAGS it says you need a full reboot of the computer, which makes this whole process a total pain in the ass...

So, any idea why HAGS makes dropped frames in video playback or how to solve it?

Is there any way to enable/disable HAGS without having to do a full reboot of the computer?

Any way to use DLSS 3 Frame Generation with HAGS disabled?
    Last edited by Milincho; 11th Jan 2024 at 17:38.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I *always* suffer from dropped frames in video playback if I have HAGS enable
    read: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling-what-is-the-tric...t-this.433006/

Any way to use DLSS 3 Frame Generation with HAGS disabled?
    No.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote