VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can anyone give advice on how to append the video files of various sizes and aspect ratios? I mostly deal with emulated game captures but there is an multi emulator BizHawk that split video files when they reach certain aspect ratios and size. The video dumps themselves use the same codecs but sizes and aspect ratios are different. I had used Virtualdub2 and MKVToolnix before but they have their limits and they do not always help. I also heard AVISynth can do something similar but I do not have AVISynth on my Chromebook and the library computers does not have it either unless I use MeGUI. I have a non linear editor called Shotcut that can do the job but I am not sure if it works smoothly or not. What can I do to append the split video files?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can try to remux the single videos into a ts container and join the ts chunks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    You can try to remux the single videos into a ts container and join the ts chunks.
    True however with remark that TS support only limited set of video and audio codecs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do I do that? I usually Lagarith Lossless in an AVI container. Can .ts support Lagarith? Or any lossless codecs?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Probably Shotcut or an Avisynth script would be the best choice; all source videos would be re-encoded to a new output file
    Quote Quote  
  6. Playlists and letting the player "Play All" may be an option.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Or drag and drop all your files onto below batch commandline. The files will be resized to a unified frame size (canvas of 1280x720 as below) and a unified audio (aac). The unified format should make a subsequent concatenation compatible with any tool.

Code:
    @echo off
    :next
    if "%~1"=="" goto done

ffmpeg.exe -y -i "%~1" -c:a aac -c:v libx264 -preset slow -crf 20 -filter:v "scale=w=1280:h=720:force_original_aspect_ratio=decrease,pad=1280:720:(ow-iw)/2:(oh-ih)/2" "%~1_resized.mp4"

shift
    goto next
    :done

pause
    Last edited by Sharc; 5th Jan 2024 at 03:33.
    Quote Quote  
  8. You could try also the ffmpeg concat (protocol or demuxer).
    More info here:
    https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Concatenate
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Probably Shotcut or an Avisynth script would be the best choice; all source videos would be re-encoded to a new output file
    Looks like I will have to use that. I just need to know how to append the files smoothly.
    Quote Quote